State of Play in Texas
Sports Betting in Texas
Sports betting isn’t yet legal in Texas. Texas bettors can enjoy sweepstakes sports picks games on the Fliff app, however.
Stay tuned right here at SportsBettingApps.com for the latest updates on Texas sports betting legalization.
Sportsbooks in Texas
|Underdog Fantasy||Read Review||$100||Play Now|
|Fliff||Read Review||$0||Play Now|
- Can I bet on college sports in Texas? It’s unclear whether or not betting on college sports will be legal in Texas, as that will be a decision that is left up to the state. It is legal to wager on college sports in the United States, but some states have rules that limit this form of wagering.
- Who can apply for a license to launch an online sportsbook app in Texas? Texas is expected to allow online-only sports betting licenses to be available, which means that any sports betting company will be eligible to apply for a license. However, there will likely be a limit on the number of licenses available, and there will also be an extensive application process.
- Will the BetMGM Sportsbook app be available in Texas? If and when Texas sports betting is finally legal, you can expect BetMGM Sportsbook app to be one of the first options in the state. In addition, BetMGM just recently announced a partnership with the Houston Astros that will make them the official sports betting partner of the team.
- Can I also bet on sports in person in Texas? Texas is not a state with casinos, so it’s unclear if retail sports betting will be available. Texas could allow betting at professional sports stadiums, but that will be a decision from lawmakers.
- Are more sportsbook apps coming to Texas? If online sports betting in Texas launches, a wave of sportsbooks will likely be available right away. If Texas is similar to other sports betting markets, you will probably see additional sportsbooks launch later.
Texas Sports Betting Apps
Texas sports betting apps haven’t launched, as sports betting is currently illegal in the Lone Star State. If Texas does approve sports betting at some point, the state would immediately emerge as one of the largest sports wagering markets in the U.S.
Expected Online Sportsbooks in Texas
BetMGM Sportsbook has already made a move to enter the state of Texas as it has partnered with the Houston Astros. MGM Resorts International operates the BetMGM Sportsbook app, and it is one of the biggest names in the online sports betting industry.
Caesars Sportsbook has always been a big name in Las Vegas, but the company has made a strong push throughout the United States. Caesars has a long list of international betting options available, which has helped this sportsbook stand out in a crowded market.
DraftKings should also be available in Texas as it continues to explore new opportunities throughout the United States. This company is still a massive name in the daily fantasy sports industry, but it has also placed a major focus on legal sports betting.
FanDuel is another major player in the DFS industry, but it’s also the online leader in sports betting throughout the United States. FanDuel Sportsbook would welcome the opportunity to launch its mobile app in a state the size of Texas.
PointsBet Sportsbook mobile betting is a unique experience as this operator has come up with a different way to bet on sports. Fixed-odds wagering is still an option at the site, but PointsBet also features points betting. PointsBet Sportsbook is a company based out of Australia, but it also has a headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Using Texas Sports Betting Apps
Using a Texas mobile sportsbook app is extremely simple, and it’s also very convenient. The official Texas sports betting rules will describe how mobile betting in the state will look, but it’s expected to look similar to how it does in other parts of the country.
Texas Sports Betting Apps vs. Online Sites
Online sports betting comes in two forms as mobile apps are available, but sports bettors can also access online sportsbooks. The betting will be almost identical in both options, but there will be a different experience depending on how you are placing a wager.
Mobile apps will work on any mobile device, which means that you can place a bet from anywhere in the state. These mobile apps will also be the quickest way to bet on sports, as most will load quickly.
An online site will also have its advantage, but you will be limited to one specific location when hopping on a computer to place a bet. An advantage of using a computer or laptop is that the sportsbook will be easier to view as everything will be much larger.
Some sportsbooks will also have specific promotions or features on the mobile app that you won’t be able to find online.
Finding Texas Sports Betting Apps For an Apple iOS Device
The App Store will have all of the mobile betting apps for iOS devices, and you can find those by searching for the sportsbook. Then, you can begin the download, and you will install the mobile app directly onto your mobile device.
Does Google Play Store Have Texas Sports Betting Apps?
The top online sportsbooks in Texas will have a mobile app found on the Google Play Store for Android devices. You can do a quick search to find the app you are looking for, but you will have to make sure that you are loading the app created for Texas.
Best Texas Online Sports Betting Bonuses
When the online sports betting industry launches in Texas, each online sportsbook will have some welcome bonus for new customers. This welcome bonus could be a small offer, but most online sportsbooks are known for featuring a big sign-up bonus.
There are a couple of popular welcome bonuses, and specific sites are known for offering each type. For example, some sportsbooks will give out a bonus just for signing up, while others will require an initial deposit.
A risk-free bet is a popular welcome bonus that is offered, and this is a way to place a bet without the risk of losing any money. For example, if your first wager at a sportsbook loses, you will receive a refund for the amount of the wager.
FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app has a $1,000 risk-free bet offer for new customers. Other sites will offer a deposit match, which is another common bonus available for new customers.
DraftKings Sportsbook betting app has a 20% first deposit match up to $1,000 in most states, and that should be available in Texas as well. Other sportsbooks might offer a 100% first deposit match, up to a certain dollar amount.
Another popular bonus that you will see offered is a free bet just for signing up at a sportsbook. This is known as a no-deposit bonus, and the free bet will simply be waiting for you in your account when you log in for the first time.