In this William Hill Sportsbook App Review, our betting experts take a detailed look at the William Hill app and its features. We’ll then compare it to other legal betting apps available to US bettors. Whether you are an experienced or novice bettor, keep reading to find out everything you need to know about William Hill’s Sportsbook app.
Our detailed review will take you through how to install the app as well as the odds, sports coverage, features, and bonuses. You should also visit our offer pages to compare how William Hill stacks up against its closest competitors in your state.
History & US Market Expansion
Dating back to 1934, William Hill is one of the world’s oldest and most reputable sports betting operators. The bookmaker initially started in the UK, where it offered retail betting locations all across Britain. As decades went by, William Hill grew into a global giant while grossing over $2 billion in yearly revenues. Mobile and online betting definitely served as a catalyst to that accomplishment.
For many years, the William Hill betting app was only available to players in Nevada. However, the US Supreme Court struck down PASPA as unconstitutional in 2018, permitting every state to legislate its own sports betting.
This legal shift allowed William Hill and other bookmakers in other US states to expand and receive gaming licenses. Today, the William Hill mobile app is one of the most commonly used betting apps in the country.
What States Is The William Hill US App Available In?
The William Hill Sportsbook mobile app is available in the following states:
- Nevada: William Hill received its license from the Nevada Gaming Commission in June of 2012. Today, the company has over 100 full-service betting locations across the Silver State. Of course, that’s on top of its William Hill NV sportsbook app.
- New Jersey: New Jersey initially challenged PASPA. Therefore it was one of the first US states to legalize online gambling. NJ players can place bets through the William Hill Sportsbook legal app, which operates in partnership with Monmouth Park Racetrack in Oceanport.
- Michigan: The Great Lakes State is a more recent one to legalize sports betting. William Hill MI Sportsbook launched in January 2021 through a partnership with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
- Indiana: Players in Indiana can place their bets through the William Hill Indiana Sportsbook app. Available since 2019, William Hill operates in partnership with Tropicana Casino in Evansville.
- Virginia: There are no retail sportsbooks or land-based casinos in VA. Therefore, William Hill Indiana launched its William Hill VA sportsbook app in February 2021 without any land-based partners.
- Iowa: On top of their betting app, William Hill offers sports betting in Iowa at several retail locations. William Hill IA operates in partnership with Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Altoona.
- Tennessee: Similar to VA, Tennessee legislators don’t require online sportsbooks to have a land-based partner. The William Hill TN sportsbook app launched in the Volunteer State in March 2021.
- West Virginia: William Hill launched its retail sportsbook in WV in 2019 in partnership with Mountain Casino in Cumberland. It launched the William Hill Sportsbook app a year later in 2020.
- Illinois: William Hill IL Sportsbook launched in September 2020 through a partnership with Grand Victoria Casino. Due to the state still requiring in-person registration, you need to go to the casino to verify your account in person.
- Colorado: William Hill CO Sportsbook launched in September 2020 through a partnership with Isle Casino at Black Hawk.
William Hill Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
This William Hill Sportsbook App Review will now look at some unique features from this operator. This includes generous price boosts and an excellent in-play betting feature.
Players who download the William Hill betting app can access a dynamic list of boosted odds which are updated daily. They offer new boosts every day, meaning you’ll get the best price possible on these handpicked events.
Odds boosted events are picked by the same team that creates the odds for regular events. Because of this, they are guaranteed to offer extra value. If you want to get the best value on each bet you make, choosing from the price boost menu is the way to go.
The William Hill Sportsbook app’s range of in-play betting options is greater than other US operators. Since William Hill is a major international sportsbook, you can expect excellent in-play betting offers for the US and international sports alike.
In-play betting on the William Hill mobile app is fascinating. This is due to their live streaming capabilities across different sports. Ultimately, you can place your bets while watching the action on the app.
William Hill Sportsbook App Review: Unique Bonuses
The William Hill app is available to residents of many states. Unlike many US legal sportsbook apps that offer a standard bonus to everyone, William Hill offers customized bonuses and promotions for each state. Depending on the state you register from, you can claim a valuable welcome bonus that will make your experience more rewarding.
Bonuses can be worth several hundred dollars and can be used to bet on any market you choose. This means you will get plenty of extra cash to wager, with no additional risk involved. William Hill matches the first deposit for players in all states.
What Sports Betting Markets Are Available on William Hill Sportsbook?
One reason the operator rates so well in this William Hill Sportsbook App review is because of the extensive coverage. As expected from a leading US betting app, William Hill Sportsbook focuses on major American sports. This includes the NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, as well as the MLS (Major League Soccer) and WNBA. All sports are offered with full coverage and tons of betting options available at each event.
In addition to the top US professional leagues, William Hill Sportsbook offers a wide range of college sports betting options. However, bettors in some states may not be able to bet on local college teams and events. Instead, bettors will have a chance to bet on all other collegiate sports from out of state.
The list of sports you can bet on with the William Hill Sportsbook app also includes international sports such as rugby, Australian Rules, and the Olympics. If you are a soccer fan, William Hill lets you bet on top competitions. This includes the English Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and Champions League. Special competitions like the World Cup and EURO cups are listed as well.
Fans of other sports (cricket, tennis, boxing, cycling, handball, UFC) also have their chance to shine on the William Hill mobile betting app. If you prefer games with less interaction (darts, snooker, golf), these top competitions are fully covered as well.
What Betting Types Are Available On William Hill US?
This William Hill Sportsbook App review will now walk you through the common betting types allowed on this sports betting platform. Here’s a closer look and a brief explanation of what’s available:
- Moneyline: One of the most popular types of bets, a moneyline wager lets you predict the winning team. Odds are based on a teams’ perceived chances to win: including an underdog, favorite, or even.
- Point Spreads: When placing a spread bet, you will need to predict the winning margin of a team. You can also bet on the underdog and how much it will win or lose by.
- Totals: This type of bet requires you to predict how many points will be scored by both teams during a game. Also called over/under bets, you can bet on whether the points scored will be over or under the set amount.
- Props: Prop bets offer a chance to bet on the side events of games. For example, you can bet on whether a specific football player will score a touchdown.
- Futures: Futures betting allows you to bet on the outcomes of tournaments or leagues ahead of time. For example, you can place bets on an NFL team to win the Super Bowl. You can also bet on the league MVP.
- Parlays: Parlay betting gives bettors a chance to turn small bets into bigger winnings by betting on a few games at once. A parlay bet comprises more than one wager, but all wagers need to win for the parlay to pay out.
- Live Betting: One of the William Hill Sportsbook app’s claims to fame is the live betting feature. It allows you to place your bets as the game unfolds and cash out early if you choose.
Downloading The William Hill US App On Your Mobile Device
Now that mobile sports betting is legal in many US states, all it takes to join the action is a mobile phone or tablet and a data connection. The William Hill Sportsbook website uses HTML5 technology which makes it responsive and optimized for mobile devices. You can access William Hill’s betting site through the browser of your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
If you are looking for a complete and immersive mobile experience, we recommend installing the William Hill Sportsbook app on your mobile device. It provides better connectivity, better mobile usability, and you can set app notifications that will keep you updated about the latest games, scores, odds, and promotions.
How To Download The William Hill App On iOS Devices
If you are looking to download the William Hill app to your iPhone or iPad, the process is quick and easy. The William Hill Sportsbook is not available in the Apple App Store. Because of this, you will need to visit the William Hill website and download the app from there.
Better yet, head to our offer pages, where you will find all information and download links for legal sportsbook apps in your state. Once you get the link, follow these quick and easy steps, and you can place your bets on the William Hill Sportsbook app in minutes:
- Using your mobile device, visit the William Hill website or go to our offers page.
- Tap on the link to download and install the app on your iOS device.
- Make sure you allow the app to access your device’s location.
How To Download The William Hill US App On Android Devices
Android users will be happy to know that the Android app is available in the Google Play Store. The download process is very similar to that of the iOS app. All you need to do is click on the download link and allow your device to install the app from an unknown source. Within a few minutes, you will be ready to place your first bets.
- Enable your device to download apps from unknown sources.
- Visit the William Hill website, our offers page, or the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the William Hill Sportsbook app.
- Enable the William Hill app to use your device’s location.
What Customers Say About The William Hill App
The William Hill app isn’t available in the Google Play Store for all states. It still has over 10,000 installs in the US and received a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from nearly 200 unique reviews. The vast majority of the William Hill Sportsbook app reviews are 5-stars, with occasional users complaining about minor bugs and connectivity issues.
Looking through the comments section in the Google Play store, we could see that William Hill is quick to respond to any negative review or complaint. They legitimately try to fix these problems as soon as possible. Based on this, there is no doubt that William Hill provides a quality service to its Android users. The only persistent issue comes from players in some states not being able to download the app from the Google Play store itself.
Where To Download The William Hill US App
Both Android and iOS users can find the William Hill betting app available for download on the operator’s website. Simply accessing the website on any mobile browser will provide you with a selection of the two apps, as long as you access it from a licensed state.
The William Sportsbook app isn’t available in the Apple App Store and is only available in the Google Play Store in selected states. So your best option is to visit our offer pages, where you will find download links, promotions, and information on William Hill and other available sportsbook apps in your state.
How Do I Create An Account On The William Hill US App?
Creating an account on the William Hill mobile app is another quick and easy process, but it will require a few minutes to complete. You should note that betting operators in the US are required to ask you for some personal details to verify your account before you can gamble.
This information includes:
- First and last name
- Social security number
- Copies of your ID
- Proof of address,
This is part of its KYC procedure, ensuring that the individual creating the account is a real person and has reached the legal age of betting.
To sign up and create your account as William Hill Sportsbook, follow these steps:
- Once you’ve installed the William Hill Sportsbook on your device, launch the app.
- Tap on the sign-up button.
- Enter your email, name, and other personal information.
- Confirm your email address.
- Upload documents to verify your account.
How Do I Deposit And Cash Out On The William Hill US App?
Once you’ve signed up and created your account at the William Hill Sportsbook app, you can deposit money in your player account. William Hill Sportsbook offers many payment methods that enable you to make deposits and withdrawals quickly and safely.
Below are some of the payment methods available to use at the William Hill app:
- Major credit cards
- William Hill Prepaid Play+ Card
- eCheck by VIP Preferred
- Online banking
- William Hill terminals and retail sportsbooks
- The cash cage at William Hill partner casinos
As you can see, quite a few banking options are available to the players on the William Hill betting app. Depositing funds into your account is usually instant, whether you do so via a credit card or an e-wallet. On the other hand, cashing out can take up to five business days, depending on your selected payment method.
Deposit and withdrawal limits can vary depending on the state, payment method, and individual player history. Some payment methods allow for larger withdrawals, while others limit you to a daily or weekly amount. Making payments directly via a credit card is usually the most convenient and least restrictive method. But in some cases, credit card withdrawals are not offered.
William Hill Sportsbook App Review: FAQs
Can I deposit with credit cards on the William Hill app?
Yes, you can. The William Hill Sportsbook app allows you to make deposits using all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Using a credit card on the William Hill betting app will enable you to make an instant deposit and enjoy quick withdrawal times and reasonable cashout limits.
How long does it take to cash out from the William Hill sports betting app?
It varies. Depending on the payment method you select, withdrawals from the William Hill betting app can take up to five business days to process. While e-wallet withdrawals take only a few hours, bank transfers can take several days to process. If you are looking for a quick withdrawal on the spot, you can also visit the cash cage at William Hill’s retail sportsbook and land-based casino partners.
Can I bet anonymously on William Hill’s mobile app?
No, you cannot. Online gambling laws in every state requires bettors to verify their account and confirm their age and identity to use legal sports betting apps. Some sportsbook operators will allow you to install the app and explore it. You can only deposit and place real money bets once you’ve verified your identity and provided copies of your photo ID, proof of address, and other documents. A full outline of this process was listed earlier in this William Hill Sportsbook App review.
Can I also play casino games on the William Hill app?
Yes, you can. Along with sports betting, William Hill also offers casino games in states where it is legal, including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Michigan. Games include slot machines, table games such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat. Online poker is also available in a few states, including Nevada, New Jersey, and Michigan.
Does William Hill also offer fantasy sports games?
No, it does not. Unlike other online sports betting operators in the USA, like DraftKings and FanDuel, the William Hill Sportsbook app does not offer any fantasy sports. As one of the world’s longest-standing sportsbook operators, William Hill focuses on providing its sportsbook app users with some of the most extensive coverage of sports and traditional betting options.