This PointsBet Sportsbook App Review details everything you need to know when it comes to this robust sports betting app. That includes PointsBet’s exciting point-spread betting, superior mobile technology, and attentive customer service. We also outline the states PointsBet is available as well as how it compares to other sports betting apps.
Launched in Australia in 2015, PointsBet quickly gained popularity as a traditional online sportsbook that offers fixed odds markets. But what really makes PointsBet Sportsbook famous is its exciting point-spread betting format. Within this format, winnings and losses aren’t set. Instead, it depends on how accurate your bet is.
PointsBet History & US Market Expansion
The Australian operator entered the US legal betting market in January 2019, debuting the PointsBet Sportsbook app in New Jersey. Since then, it has been expanding quickly across the country, with the PointsBet betting app now legal in six states and more states expected to launch soon.
There were serious intentions and big plans for the US market. PointsBet wasted no time, and a month after launching its NJ sportsbook app, the operator announced its first partnership with a major sports league in the country. In February 2019, PointsBet Sportsbook signed a multi-year partnership and became an authorized sports betting operator of the NBA. Since then, PointsBet Sportsbook has signed deals with many professional sports leagues in the US and beyond.
We constantly update this PointsBet Sportsbook app review and our offer pages with news, information, sports coverage, and promotions. So bookmark this page and visit us regularly to stay up to date on everything PointsBet Sportsbook offers.
What States Allow The PointsBet Sportsbook App?
Below are the current states where the PointsBet Sportsbook app is live:
- New Jersey: The PointsBet Sportsbook app debuted in the Garden State in January 2019 through a partnership with the Meadowlands Racetrack, where it holds a remote betting license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Indiana: PointsBet Sportsbook IN launched in the Hoosier State in March 2020, being one of the first betting apps to launch following the passage of Indiana’s betting laws. While it currently has a state-licensed sportsbook app, PointsBet is getting a sportsbook retail license from the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- Iowa: PointsBet IA became the fourth legal sportsbook app to go live in the Hawkeye State in November 2019. It also opened a retail sportsbook with its land-based partner Catfish Bend Casino in Burlington.
- Colorado: In Colorado, PointsBet signed a partnership with Double Eagle Casino in Cripple Creek and launched the PointsBet CO Sportsbook app on May 1st, 2021, six months after sports betting became legal in the Centennial State.
- Michigan: PointsBet MI Sportsbook launched on January 22nd, 2021, the first day that sports betting was legal in the Great Lakes State. The PointsBet Sportsbook app operates in Michigan under the license of Northern Waters Casino. PointsBet is also the official gaming partner of MLB’s Detroit Tigers.
- Illinois: PointsBet launched in Illinois right in time for the 2020 NFL season kickoff. The PointsBet Sportsbook app is available through a partnership with Hawthorne Racecourse. The operator signed a partnership with the state’s NFL team, Chicago Bears, and also has several retail locations in the state, including Oakbrook Terrace, Prospect Heights, and Crestwood.
PointsBet Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
While most legal sportsbook apps offer traditional betting, PointsBet Sportsbook became famous for its new way of betting. This became the operator’s unique selling point. When you make a points bet, your bet will pay if your team wins. But the bigger the margin of your pick’s victory, the higher your winnings. Although points betting is a fascinating form of wagering, it’s also risky. So bettors must keep a close eye on their bankroll and always gamble responsibly.
Player Points Prop Bets
Prop betting markets are common on sports betting apps, but the PointsBet Sportsbook app takes this form of wagering to a whole new level of excitement. PointsBet offers more prop betting lines and markets than most other legal US sportsbook apps, and the odds are very competitive.
Examples of prop bets offered on the PointsBet Sportsbook app include the number of points or rebounds a player will make in an NBA game or the number of goals a soccer player will score. Of course, using the points betting system, you can get additional rewards when the players you bet on to do exceptionally well in their games.
PointsBet Sportsbook App Review: Player Rewards
There are few legal sports betting apps out there that match PointsBet’s bonuses, promotions, and rewards. Download the PointsBet Sportsbook app and sign up today to enjoy a lucrative welcome bonus that’s miles ahead of the competition. But rewards don’t end with the welcome bonus on the PointsBet app – many more promotions are available to returning customers, including free bets, random booster odds, and early payouts.
The PointsBet Sportsbook app features a “good karma payout.” Bettors can email PointsBet with details of the worst loss they had all month, and more often than not, the operator will give you a refund of up to $100 in free bets.
What Sports Betting Markets Are Available On PointsBet Sportsbook?
One reason the sportsbook rates so well in this PointsBet Sportsbook App review is because of the impressive sports coverage.
The PointsBet sports betting app offers to bet on hundreds of sports events every day, with all US major leagues and international sports covered. The main focus of the PointsBet Sportsbook mobile betting app is US sports, and the operator signed valuable sponsorship deals with the NBA, NHL, MLB, and others. These leagues are all fully covered by both traditional and points betting markets on the PointsBet app.
These, of course, are only a few of the dozens of sports that players can bet on at PointsBet. The sportsbook covers:
Major US and international tournaments are available for betting in each sports section.
The enormous scope of betting markets is offered in two different modes on the PointsBet Sportsbook app. You can make bets in a traditional fashion of the points betting mode, which allows your odds to increase as your bets win by a bigger margin.
What Bet Types Are Available On PointsBet Sportsbook?
This PointsBet Sportsbook app review will now walk you through the common betting types allowed on this sports betting platform. Here’s a closer look and a brief explanation of what’s currently available:
- Points Betting: When placing a points bet, your win will increase as the winning margin of your pick increases. This ties your payout to the eventual game score. However, note that if your team loses, the loss margin will result in more considerable losses.
- Moneyline: Moneyline betting is the most common betting type. The reason is simple, as the money lines require you to guess the winner of the game. Odds are offered based on the team’s likelihood to win with underdog, favorite, or even.
- Spread: Betting on either side with a spread bet will result in the odds being more even, since the favorites will need to win by a margin for the bet to come in as a winner.
- Futures: Whatever sport you prefer, futures betting gives you a chance to bet early in the season on future events such as championship winners, division winners, league MVPs, and more. PointsBet offers excellent odds on futures if you place your bets early in the season.
- Totals: This gives you a chance to bet on the total points scored in a game. It includes wagering on whether the score of both teams will be over or under the listed number.
- Prop Bets: Betting on particular players is one of the specialties of the PointsBet mobile app. You can bet on how many points, rebounds, goals, or other stats they will record in a game. The PointsBet Sportsbook app is known for offering one of the most extensive props markets.
- Parlays: With the PointsBet app, you can add several picks onto a single betting slip and get a bigger payout if all your segments win. But keep in mind that all your picks must come through for a parlay bet to pay out.
- Live Betting: Live betting is an exciting opportunity to bet on games while they are in progress. By placing a live bet on a game that is in play, you can place bets while watching the action unfold and cash out early before full time.
Downloading The PointsBet Sportsbok App On Your Mobile Device
The PointsBet Sportsbook app is available in several states. Both PointsBet’s site and the app can be used on mobile devices from anywhere in a state where betting is legal, and PointsBet is licensed. The PointsBet betting website is built with HTML5 technology, making it responsive and optimized for any mobile browser.
If you are looking for a complete, immersive mobile experience, we recommend downloading the PointsBet Sportsbook app. The PointsBet native betting app provides better connectivity, enhanced mobile usability, and in-app notifications about games, odds, and scores. The PointsBet Sportsbook app is available in both iOS and Android versions.
Below are the steps required for downloading. Let’s get into the particular steps needed to download the PointsBet betting app to your mobile device.
How To Download The PointsBet Sportsbook App On iOS Devices
If you are using an iOS-powered device, such as an iPhone or iPad, you will need to download the iOS version of the PointsBet mobile app. The app is now available to download from the Apple App Store. You can also choose to download the app directly from the PointsBet Sportsbook website.
Follow the quick and easy steps below to download and install the app:
Downloading The PointsBet iOS App
- Search for the PointsBet Sportsbook mobile app in the App Store.
- Download the app and install it onto your iPhone or iPad.
- Enable the PointsBet Sportsbook app to use your device’s location.
The PointsBet legal sportsbook app can only be accessed in states where the operator is licensed. Therefore, as a legal requirement, PointsBet must use geolocation tracking to limit usage to legal jurisdictions. For the app to work, you will need to turn on your device’s location settings.
What Customers Say About The PointsBet Sportsbook App For iOS
When it comes to PointsBet mobile betting on iOS, the app itself is ranked #72 in the sports category of the Apple App Store. Over 2,900 users rated the PointsBet Sportsbook app, giving it an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
For the most part, users seem to be satisfied with the app and the betting services offered by PointsBet. Some bettors had complaints about the registration process. It appears to be more complex than other legal sportsbook apps, and there were some complaints about promotions not being available in some states. On the other hand, many users had great things to say about these exact aspects of the app, so we’ll leave it up to you to judge.
How To Download The PointsBet Sportsbook App For Android Devices
The process of downloading the PointsBet legal betting app on an Android device is very similar. The PointsBet Sportsbook app is available in the Google Play store. Also, you can download it directly from the PointsBet mobile website. Follow the steps below to download the PointsBet Sportsbook app to your device:
How To Download The PointsBet Sportsbook Android App
- Search for the PointsBet betting app in the Google Play store.
- Download and install the app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Enable the PointsBet Sportsbook app to use your device’s location.
What Customers Say About The PointsBet Android App
The PointsBet mobile app got a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars in the Google Play Store, with about 60 users rating the app. Most of the reviewers gave a 4 or 5-star rating, with most users saying good things about the app and their betting experience.
A handful of negative comments made the overall rating slightly lower than the operator would hope for, but these were not always on point. The PointsBet Sportsbook team made sure to reply to every user who left a negative comment and rating on the Google Play Store. They provided players with potential solutions and further contact information.
Where To Download The PointsBet Sportsbook App
The PointsBet mobile app is now available in several states and can be downloaded from both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Bettors can also visit PointsBet Sportsbook’s site from their mobile device and download the iOS or Android app directly from there.
But the best way to download the PointsBet Sportsbook app is from our offers pages. You will find there safe and secure links for direct download and a lot of information about the PointsBet Sportsbook, including states it’s available in, sports covered, bonuses, and promotions. Even better, you can compare PointsBet to other legal sportsbook apps that are licensed in your state.
Remember that if you aren’t installing the PointsBet app directly from the app store, you will need to set up your phone to accept downloads from unknown sources. This step is required for both Android and iOS devices.
How Do I Create An Account On The PointsBet App?
Next on this PointsBet Sportsbook app review, we’ll walk you through how to create an account. Don’t worry, it’s a straightforward process.
First, you must be at the legal gambling age, which can be 21 or 18, depending on the state you are in. Signing up to the PointsBet Sportsbook app will not take more than a few minutes. You will need to provide basic information such as:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Social security number.
Also, keep in mind that you will need to complete the sportsbook’s KYC (Know Your Customer) procedure and verify your betting account, which will require you to send copies of your photo ID, proof of home address, and other documents. It’s best to start the verification process right away because you cannot cash out your winnings before your account is approved.
Follow the steps below to sign up for a PointsBet Sportsbook account:
- Open the PointsBet app on your device.
- Tap the sign-up button to start registration.
- Fill out your personal information as required.
- Confirm your email address.
- Follow the instructions to upload your documents for account verification (although you can do it later).
How Do I Deposit And Cash Out At The PointsBet App?
The list of payment methods available on the PointsBet app is not as extensive compared to other legal sportsbook apps. However, it still includes a good selection of payment options that most American players will find helpful for funding their betting accounts.
You can deposit into your PointsBet account using the following methods:
- Online bank transfer
- Credit and debit cards
- PointsBet Mastercard
- ACH, e-check
- Cashing out can be done by using the following methods:
- ACH, e-check
If you are in the area of one of PointsBet Sportsbook’s retail locations or land-based casino partners, you can also make deposits and withdrawals in person at the retail counter or casino cash cage. This option is currently available in NJ, IN, IA and IL, but not in CO and MI.
Transaction processing times vary according to the payment method used. While PayPal deposits and withdrawals can take a few hours, checks can take a few days to process.
PointsBet Sportsbook App Review: FAQs
Can I deposit with credit cards on the PointsBet mobile app?
Yes, you can fund your PointsBet Sportsbook account with major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. However, note that some American banks do not facilitate gambling transactions, so your credit or debit card may be blocked from using at PointsBet or other legal sportsbook apps.
How long does it take to cash out from the PointsBet Sportsbook app?
It depends. Withdrawal times on the PointsBet Sportsbook app will depend on the amount and payment method used. While PayPal withdrawals take a few hours, checks can take between three business days to a week to clear. If you are close by, you can cash out in person at one of PointsBet Sportsbook retail locations or the cash cage of a casino partner.
Is PointsBet partnered with any major sports leagues?
Can I also play casino games on the PointsBet app?
Yes, you can. But for now, PointsBet casino games are only available in Michigan. On May 12th, 2021, PointsBet launched its first casino games in the Great Lakes State. Regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board, PointsBet casino games include popular IGT slot machines like Wolf Run and Da Vinci Diamonds and table games such as blackjack, roulette, and baccarat.
Can I bet on college sports on the PointsBet Sportsbook app?
Yes, you can. The PointsBet legal betting app features extensive market coverage and bets on college sports, including NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball. However, as betting laws are different for each state, some states limit college betting. For example, the Tennessee sports betting rules do not allow props betting on college sports, and New Jersey regulators do not allow betting on college teams from the Garden State.