If you’re looking to discover more about the FanDuel Sportsbook app, you’re in the right place. In this FanDuel Sportsbook app review, our team of betting experts run through everything you need to know, including which states you can access the app, sports covered and types of bets you can place. You’ll also find answers to all your questions about exclusive features, registration, and payment methods. The FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app is top-rated in the US for many reasons. So keep on reading to find out why.
FanDuel is one of the leading sportsbook providers that is expanding fast in the US market following the annulment of PASPA. The operator originally made a name for itself with its daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform that offered an innovative and exciting way to play fantasy sports. However, today it is just as famous for its intuitive sportsbook app with exceptional sports coverage and impressive odds.
Which States Is The FanDuel Sportsbook App Available?
As FanDuel is making more of a name for itself, it is taking the US market by storm. Today, you can legally place wagers at the FanDuel Sportsbook app in all the states below:
- New Jersey: FanDuel launched its retail sportsbook operation in July 2018 and its mobile sportsbook app two months later in September through a partnership with Meadowlands Racetrack. The launch in New Jersey was FanDuel Sportsbook’s debut and the first step in its journey to becoming one of the biggest sportsbook operators in the US.
- Colorado: FanDuel was one of the first operators to launch in Colorado on the legal betting industry’s debut day on March 1, 2020. It launched through a partnership with Twin Rivers Worldwide Holdings and the Golden Gates Casino in Black Hawk.
- Illinois: Anyone in Illinois who’s over 21 can place bets on the FanDuel Sportsbook app. It entered the Prairie State in August 2020 through a partnership with Par-A-Dice Casino, where you will also find a retail sportsbook operating under the FanDuel name.
- Indiana: FanDuel is live in Indiana through a partnership with Blue Chip Casino and Belterra Casino. It launched its mobile and retail operations in the Hoosier State in October 2019, following the launches of DraftKings and BetRivers earlier that month.
- Iowa: The FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app officially launched in Iowa in September 2020 following the approval of SF 617. They are land-based partners with Diamond Jo Casino in Worth and Dubuque.
- Michigan: As of January 2021, FanDuel Sportsbook is legally available in the Great Lakes State. But FanDuel isn’t new to Michigan. Before launching its MI sportsbook app, it has been operating the retail sportsbook at MotorCity Casino in Detroit since 2020.
- Pennsylvania: Bettors in the Keystone state can legally place wagers on the FanDuel PA Sportsbook app. FanDuel first launched a retail sportsbook app in Valley Forge Casino in March 2019. FanDuel became Pennsylvania’s fourth operator to launch a legal betting app.
- Tennessee: Tennessee became the eighth state in which FanDuel offers mobile betting on November 1, 2020. As one of the few states that offer only online and mobile betting, they do not require operators to have a land-based partner.
- Virginia: The FanDuel Sportsbook app was the first online sportsbook available in Virginia when legal betting went live in January 2021. With Virginia law prohibiting physical sportsbooks, there is no FanDuel retail sportsbook in the Old Dominion State. Therefore, there is no requirement for a land-based partner. FanDuel Sportsbook VA was also launched in partnership with the Washington Football Team, which has its headquarters in Ashburn, VA.
- West Virginia: FanDuel runs a retail sportsbook at Greenbrier Casino. It is one of the three in-person sportsbooks that opened in West Virginia in August 2019. The FanDuel WV Sportsbook app also operates under the Greenbrier license.
FanDuel Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
You may wonder why the FanDuel Sportsbook app is gaining popularity with millions of players across states where sports betting is legal. Yes, the FanDuel app has done all the basics well. It has good market coverage, competitive odds, and attentive customer support. And yet, it also has unique features that make it stand out against the competition.
If we had to choose the best three features we found on the FanDuel Sportsbook app, it has to be its unique Same Game Parlays (SGPs), the impressive range of promotional offers, and its free-to-play games selection.
Same Game Parlays
The FanDuel Sportsbook app is home to all your regular bets, such as moneylines, totals, and spreads, which we cover in more detail later on. However, FanDuel also offers a unique type of wager called Same Game Parlays (SGPs). This feature allows you to combine multiple wagers on the same game into one parlay bet for an even bigger win.
For example, you could bet on your favorite to win, alongside the total to go over, and a proposition bet on specific player stats – all in one parlay. FanDuel previously offered these types of bets only in Europe, but it was the first provider to bring them over to the US market.
You will also find several free-to-play games on the FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app. Despite these games being available for free, you can still win real cash prizes playing! This makes FanDuel a fantastic site for beginners who want to learn more about gambling before placing big bets. It also gives you a chance to try out the site and app before spending money.
One of the free games currently available at the FanDuel Sportsbook app is Captain Morgan’s Soccer Pick’Em, which awards up to $3,000 in prizes every Saturday. FanDuel also hosts an over/under free game where you pick props and can then win real prizes, even though it’s a free-to-play live betting game. This is an exciting way to get a piece of the action for free.
FanDuel Sportsbook App Review: Bonuses & Promotions
Another reason the FanDuel Sportsbook app is so popular is its impressive range of bonuses. FanDuel runs a great welcome promotion to draw players in, but it also consistently rewards existing playing with incredible offers. Some examples include:
- Parlay insurance
- The FanDuel “bad beat refund” bonuses to help cover your losses
- Odds boosts to increase your chances of winnings
- Refer-a-friend promotions
- Loyalty rewards program
Check our offers page for the latest FanDuel bonuses and promotions.
What Betting Markets Are Available On With FanDuel Sportsbook?
The FanDuel Sportsbook app has excellent sports coverage. All major US sports are covered thoroughly, and even more niche events have their place on the platform. FanDuel also offers wagers on international sports and leagues. In other words, the app is home to pretty much any sporting event you can imagine. These include, but are not limited to:
- College Football & Basketball
- Motor Sports (NASCAR)
- Mixed Martial Arts / Boxing
What Bet Types Are Available On FanDuel Sportsbook?
Once you’ve found a market you are interested in, the huge choice FanDuel Sportsbook provides doesn’t stop there. You’ll also find a wide range of betting types available. Here’s a look at some bets you can place on the FanDuel betting app:
- Moneyline: Moneyline bets, also called “straight wagers,” are the most simple bets you can place. You simply bet on which team you think you will win and receive a payout if you get it right. Odds for moneyline bets reflect the team’s winning predictions (underdog, favorite, or even), and a bet can go three ways (win, loss or tie).
- Propositions: Proposition bets, or props for short, are where you bet on a specific event happening in the game instead of on the game’s outcome. For example, you can bet on a specific football player scoring a touchdown. On the FanDuel Sportsbook app, you will find both player and game proposition wagers.
- Spread Betting: FanDuel Sportsbook will predict the win value of a team, known as the spread. When spread betting, you bet on whether the winning margin will be above or below the spread. You can place wagers on either the underdog or the favorite.
- Futures: Futures on the FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app are bets on any event that will occur in the future. Examples include the MLB World Series winner or the NFL’s Super Bowl winner, and odds will change as the competition/season progresses.
- Half/Quarter Betting: Instead of wagering on the outcome of a full game, FanDuel also lets bettors bet on the score or player performances over a single half or quarter. In these bets, the score of the overall game doesn’t matter.
- Parlays: Combining several smaller bets or “legs” into one wager is known as a parlay. For the parlay to be successful, you need all legs to win, making these bets harder to predict. As mentioned earlier, FanDuel also offers unique same-game parlays.
- Teasers: The FanDuel Sportsbook betting app offers teasers for NFL, NBA, college football, and college basketball. This is where you can change the spread of teams in a parlay bet to increase your chances of winning.
- Round Robins: Round robins allow you to place multiple parlays at once on the FanDuel Sportsbook app. You are actually placing wagers on every parlay combination, making your chances of winning higher than a single parlay bet.
- Live Betting: For most sports markets on the FanDuel Sportsbook app, you can also place bets while the game is live. The odds for these bets constantly change as the game unfolds. This newer and popular bet gets bettors a lot more involved in the game, and FanDuel also has a live streaming service that lets you watch the game directly from your device.
Downloading The FanDuel Sportsbook App To Your Mobile Device
The FanDuel Sportsbook site is built with HTML5 technology, making it responsive and optimized for desktop and mobile browsers. So you can access the FanDuel website from your mobile browser and place your bets easily. But if you want to experience the true capabilities of this sportsbook and take your online gaming to the next level, downloading the FanDuel Sportsbook app is the way to go. It is available for iOS and Android devices, offering a super convenient way to place legal wagers from anywhere in the state you’re in.
How To Download The FanDuel Sportsbook App On iOS Devices
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can download the FanDuel Sportsbook app by following these quick and easy steps:
- From your iOS device, visit the Apple App Store.
- Search for the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
- Tap the button to download and install the app.
If you cannot find the FanDuel Sportsbook app on the App Store in your state, you can also visit the FanDuel Sportsbook website from your mobile browser and download it directly. Whichever method you choose, you’ll also need to download the FanDuel GeoComply plugin, which enables FanDuel to track your location using geolocation technology. It is a legal requirement so that FanDuel can ensure you are playing from a regulated jurisdiction.
What Customers Say About The FanDuel Sportsbook iOS App
If there’s one way to really know how good a sports betting operator is: by checking a genuine FanDuel Sportsbook app review. In the App Store, the FanDuel Sportsbook iOS app got 4.8 out of 5 stars. This is based on ratings from 181,700 different users, giving a well-rounded view of the FanDuel Sportsbook application. It currently sits in position #9 in the App Store sports category, meaning that it is a popular and app that is frequently searched for.
Looking at each FanDuel Sportsbook app review, we found that the most appreciated aspects include its simplicity and easy way to place bets and make payments. However, there are a few complaints that customer support is difficult to reach.
How To Download The FanDuel Sportsbook App On Android Devices
If you have an Android device, downloading the FanDuel Sportsbook app is just as easy. Simply follow the steps below:
- From your Android device, visit the Google Play Store.
- Search for the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
- Click the download button to install it on your device.
Although the FanDuel Sportsbook Android app is available to download from the Google Play Store, you may not find it in the app store in some states. In this case, you can visit the FanDuel Sportsbook website from your mobile device and install it from the site directly.
Either way, the best place to find the download app is on our offers page, where you will also find information about the FanDuel Sportsbook sports coverage, bet types, states available, and bonuses and offers. Again, you’ll need to install and set up the geolocation technology before you can start placing any legal wagers with the FanDuel sports betting app.
What Customers Say About The FanDuel Sportsbook Android App
The Android version of FanDuel’s sports betting app received some positive feedback. However, this time it’s slightly lower, getting 4.1 out of 5 stars. With that being said, this is only based on 1,382 FanDuel Sportsbook app reviews, so it may not give a clear picture. Still, compared to other online sportsbook apps, this is also a very good rating.
Skimming through each FanDuel Sportsbook app review, we got a positive impression on the Google Play Store. But we found some complaints about the shortage of casino games (obviously, in states where online casino games are legal) and minor usability issues such as needing to log in again after the app window closes. It was encouraging to see how the FanDuel Sportsbook staff took the time to reply, address complaints and offer solutions.
Where To Download The FanDuel Sportsbook App
Where you download the FanDuel Sportsbook app depends on the device you have. All iOS users can go to the App Store, whereas Android users will need to go to Google Play. However, with some states not offering FanDuel Sportsbook on the app store, a better option is to use the links on our promotional pages, which will immediately take you to a safe and secure download option. By using our links, you’re also guaranteed to make the most of the welcome promotion currently up for grabs to boost your bankroll instantly.
How Do I Create An Account At FanDuel Sportsbook?
After you downloaded the FanDuel Sportsbook app, you can easily register for an account by following a few easy steps:
- Launch the FanDuel Sportsbook mobile app.
- Enter your email address and set up a username and password.
- Provide personal information such as your full legal name, living address, telephone number, and social security number.
- Set up your security questions and confirm you’re of legal gambling age.
After creating your account, you will need to verify your identity and confirm your email and phone number. It is best to do this as soon as possible because the FanDuel Sportsbook won’t legally be able to process any withdrawals until you’ve provided copies of your documents and verified your account.
How Do I Deposit And Cash Out At The FanDuel Sportsbook App?
You’ll be happy to hear that there are plenty of flexible payment methods supported by the FanDuel Sportsbook app. So you can safely and conveniently fund your FanDuel Sportsbook account and withdraw your winnings. The exact deposit methods depend on the state you are in, but payment methods usually include:
- Credit cards
- Prepaid cards
- PayNearMe (a card that you can load in stores like 7-Eleven and CVS)
- Bank transfer
In some states, you can also deposit and cash out at DraftKings retail sportsbooks or the casino cage of its land-based partners. This option is available in PA, NJ, IL, IA, and MI.
Depending on the payment method used, most deposits will hit your account immediately, so you can start placing bets within minutes, and bank transfer deposits will take longer to process.
Withdrawals are also simple, where you have the choice of check, prepaid card, Paypal, and ACH/eCheck. PayPal and prepaid card withdrawals will take up to 48 hours to be approved, with the funds then available within the hour.
Online bank transfers take slightly longer, leaving you waiting for 3 to 5 business days. Check cashouts take the longest, with checks arriving in the mail in 7 to 10 business days. One thing to note is that you will only be able to withdraw with the method you used to deposit, except for check withdrawals.
FanDuel Sportsbook App Review: FAQs
Can I deposit with credit cards on the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Yes, you can deposit with credit cards on the FanDuel Sportsbook app in most US states. However, this is not an available deposit option in Tennessee or Iowa.
Can I bet on college sports on the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Yes, you can bet on college sports on the FanDuel Sportsbook app. However, these wagers will only be on the app if college betting is legal in the jurisdiction from which you’re playing. Even if college betting is allowed, it’s different from state to state. For example, in some states, such as New Jersey, you cannot bet on in-state college teams and athletes.
Can I bet anonymously on the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
No, you cannot bet anonymously on FanDuel Sportsbook or any other legal app. As part of the sportsbook operator’s licensing requirements, it must verify your identity, age, and account before allowing you to place bets for real money. When signing up for an account, you’ll need to provide a copy of your ID, proof of home address, and more personal details and documents. A full outline of this process was listed earlier in the FanDuel Sportsbook App review.
Can I watch any sports via the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
Yes, you can. The FanDuel Sportsbook app gives you access to live stream games. So you can watch the game and place bets in real-time as the action unfolds. FanDuel Sportsbook brings the best sporting events at the highest streaming quality thanks to a partnership with Swiss data and media company Sportradar AG.
Does FanDuel also offer fantasy sports games?
Yes, it does. Given FanDuel started as a DFS provider, fantasy sports are a big part of the company’s history and present. However, you can only bet on fantasy sports in certain states where it’s not banned, and you will need to download a separate FanDuel DFS app. Still, you can use the same account for both Sportsbook and DFS applications.