If you’re wondering if the DraftKings Sportsbook app is worth your time, keep reading to find out why it’s one of the best sportsbook apps you’ll ever find. Our full DraftKings Sportsbook app review runs through everything you need to know about this state-of-the-art sports betting app. This includes a detailed look at DraftKings’ features to verified customer reviews of the app. Our betting experts are here to answer all your questions.
DraftKings initially rose to fame with its innovative daily fantasy sports (DFS) platform. However, following the annulment of PASPA in 2018, it expanded to offer sports fans a modern and exciting sportsbook app. Today, DraftKings is one of the top legal sports betting apps in the US. It quickly expanded across the country and now offers its sportsbook app in almost every state where sports betting is legal.
With that, let’s discover why the DraftKings betting app is taking the US market by storm.
What States Is The DraftKings Sportsbook App Available In?
Some players are loyal to DraftKings since its DFS days, while others are drawn to its comprehensive sports coverage and competitive odds. Either way, the DraftKings Sportsbook app is quickly becoming one of the most popular sports betting operators in the US.
Today, you can access it in all the following locations:
- Colorado: The DraftKings Sportsbook app launched in Colorado on May 1, 2020, through a partnership with the Mardi Gras Casino. It also runs a retail sportsbook at the casino. To promote its sports betting app, DraftKings is signing deals with entertainment and media companies in the state.
- Illinois: DraftKings IL partnered with Casino Queen. According to state law, anyone looking to bet via mobile has to register in person at the casino itself, where there’s also a retail sportsbook.
- Indiana: Mobile and retail sports betting are legal in Indiana. The DraftKings Sportsbook app operates in this state through partnership with the Ameristar Casino & Hotel. There’s also a retail sportsbook on its way.
- Iowa: DraftKings entered Iowa in February 2020 through a partnership with Wild Rose Casinos in Jefferson, Emmetsburg, and Clinton. The operator also runs the retail sports betting facilities in these locations.
- Michigan: The Michigan DraftKings Sportsbook app went live in January 2021. As per the MI online gambling legislation, bettors also have access to DraftKings online casino games.
- New Hampshire: DraftKings was New Hampshire’s first online sports betting app, launching through a partnership with The Brook Casino in December 2019. The app has exclusive rights in the Granite State.
- Pennsylvania: In Pennsylvania, DraftKings operates under the casino license of Penn National Gaming. Its PA online sports betting app went live in November 2019. Pennsylvania bettors can also access DraftKings casino games through the app.
- Tennessee: Tennessee is one of the few states with betting limited to mobile and online. The DraftKings Sportsbook app went live on November 1, 2020, the day of the industry’s launch, along with FanDuel Sportsbook and BetMGM.
- New Jersey: DraftKings’ New Jersey launch marked its initial entry into the US sports betting market. They partnered with the Resorts Casino, where it also offers legal retail sports betting under the Resorts DGE license.
- Virginia: DraftKings mobile betting app entered Virginia in 2021, allowing for statewide online wagering. With no retail sportsbooks in Virginia, the DraftKings app is one of the best options available.
- West Virginia: Through licensing with Penn National Gaming, DraftKings entered the WV market on August 28, 2019. Although in-person betting is allowed in the state, there are no DraftKings retail locations yet.
DraftKings Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
Operating one of the most popular sportsbook apps in the country, it’s clear that DraftKings is doing something right. Many say that its innovative and unique features put it miles ahead of the competition. But if we would have to name three things that we love about DraftKings mobile betting, it’s the impressive selection of bonuses, useful stats hub, and sports betting pools.
There’s always an element of chance in sports betting. But knowledge and strategy also play a part, and doing research can help you place logical wagers that will give you more chances to win. Also, the more betting options you have, the better your chances of winning. That’s why another feature we love is the “Stats Hub” on DraftKings. It is a separate tab on the app and gives you tons of stats and information about how lines are changing and what previous game results were.
It’s practical and super convenient to have all the information right in front of you when you place your bets. Plus, it’s great to see that the DraftKings Sportsbook app is actually helping bettors out and making options as straightforward as possible.
Sports Betting Pools
Since DraftKings initially launched as a daily fantasy sports (DFS) provider, it makes sense that the company would incorporate DFS features into its sportsbook. The result is innovative DraftKings sports betting pools that launched in November 2018. Multiple sports events are grouped in a pool where bettors pay a fixed price wager to select the outcome of each event. This wager is placed against other users that are betting in the same pool. Winnings will then depend on the number of players and winners in the pool.
Different pools are available to make things even more interesting, including pick’em pools, squares, brackets, and survivors. Some will also have a fixed number of entries with guaranteed prize pools, whereas others feature rollover-style winnings. If you’re a fan of DFS and sports betting, DraftKings betting pools are a must. However, they are not offered in Iowa, Indiana, and Illinois.
DraftKings Sportsbook App Review: Bonuses & Promotions
For bonuses, DraftKings offers some of the best bonuses and unique promotions available. DraftKings always has a generous welcome offer, so new players can immediately jumpstart their bankroll.
In addition, the DraftKings Sportsbook app offers daily boosts on different sports events. They also have referral bonuses for getting your friends to sign up. The DraftKings betting app typically runs regular bonuses on betting profits, deposit bonuses, and money-back specials.
No matter if you are a new bettor or returning customer, there’s always a great offer waiting for you at DraftKings Sportsbook. Check our offers page, where you can find the latest DraftKings bonuses and promotions.
What Types Of Sports Markets Are Available To Bet On With DraftKings Sportsbook?
One reason the sportsbook rates so well in this DraftKings Sportsbook App review is because of the impressive sports coverage. DraftKings offers betting options for most US and international sports.
Although some states offer more sports than others, here’s the list of the most popular sports markets and leagues available on the DraftKings betting app:
- NFL and college football
- NBA and college basketball
- MLB and minor league baseball
- NHL and minor league hockey
- Tennis (Grand Slam tournaments, ATP, WTA and more)
- Golf (PGA Tour and the European Tour)
- Soccer (MLS, EPL, Champions League, and more)
- Motor Sports
- Australian Rules
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Olympic Games
- Table Tennis
What Types Of Bets Are Available On DraftKings Sportsbook?
This DraftKings Sportsbook App review will now walk you through the common betting types allowed on this sports betting platform. Here’s a closer look and a brief explanation of what’s currently available:
- Moneyline: The most straightforward bets are moneyline wagers, where you simply bet on which team you think will win. A moneyline bet can have three outcomes depending on the sport: win, loss, or draw. Odds in this bet will reflect the team’s chances to win: favorite, underdog, or even.
- Propositions: Also called props, proposition bets let you bet on specific events that happen during the game instead of the game’s outcome. For example, you can bet on a specific player to hit a home run in an MLB game.
- Futures: As the name suggests, these are wagers placed on future events. For example, you can bet on the Super Bowl Winner or MVP. Futures are wagered before the game kicks off.
- Parlays: Parlay bets combine multiple wagers into a single bet. Parlays are some of the most popular bets because you can get a bigger payout for a smaller stake. However, all your parlay selections have to win in order to receive a payout.
- Teasers: Teasers are another combination bet similar to parlays, but you can adjust the point spreads for the games in your favor to increase your chances of winning. However, doing so will cause lower returns.
- Point Spreads: When betting on spreads, you will need to predict how much one team will win (the margin). You can wager on the favorite or the underdog and how much they win or lose above or below the point spread.
- Over/Unders: When placing over/under bets, also known as totals, you will need to predict the total number of points scored throughout the game. You will bet on whether you think the actual outcome will be over or under this amount.
- Round Robins: Round robins are one of the most complex bets on the DraftKings Sportsbook app. It contains ten different bets across different events grouped into three selections. It’s basically a series of small parlays. It’s recommended to more experienced gamblers who understand the details of this bet type.
- Live Betting: Live or “in-play” betting allows you to wager on games as they happen. Live betting is the most dynamic form of betting, adding a real-time dimension to your wagering experience.
- Betting Pools: As mentioned already, the DraftKings Sportsbook app offers tournament-style betting pools where you pay a fixed-price wager and go head-to-head against other players to see who picks the most outcomes correctly.
Downloading The DraftKings Sportsbook App To Your Mobile Device
The DraftKings Sportsbook site is built on HTML5 technology, so it is responsive and optimized for desktop and mobile browsers. However, downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook mobile app will take your betting experience to the next level of mobile usability, connectivity, and engagement.
The app is quick, responsive, and available for both Android and iOS devices. Plus, it makes it super easy to bet on all your favorite sports teams legally and safely from anywhere within state lines.
How To Download The DraftKings Sportsbook App On iOS Devices
Downloading and installing the app is easy. As long as you are old enough to gamble and physically located in a sports betting state, you can sign up and start betting in minutes.
Follow these quick and simple instructions to get started:
Downloading The DraftKings Sportsbook iOS App
To download the DraftKings Sportsbook iOS app, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Apple App Store from your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
- Tap to download and install the app to your device.
Once the app has been downloaded, go to your device settings and turn on your location services so that DraftKings can track where you are. The app is not legally available in some US states, so it relies on GeoComply geolocation technology to ensure you’re located in a legal jurisdiction when placing your wagers. Once you’ve done this, simply open the app and sign up.
DraftKings Sportsbook Review: iOS App
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is highly rated on the App Store, with many happy bettors giving it positive feedback. Users gave it a 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 229,000 reviews, and it is currently at the #15 position in the app store’s sports category.
When reading through the DraftKings Sportsbook App reviews, we found many customers are impressed with the level of detail and app stability. There are also many compliments on DraftKings’ easily navigable interface, fair spreads, and special promotions.
All the negative feedback seems to be related to issues with account verification. However, DraftKings has replied, offering advice and support to these complaints. They seem to be clearly focused on giving users the best experience possible.
How To Download The DraftKings Sportsbook App On Android Devices
Downloading The DraftKings Sportsbook Android App
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, downloading the DraftKings Sportsbook app is also straightforward. However, it is currently not available in the Google Play store in most states. Instead, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook website via your mobile browser.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and download the application directly.
- If you do not receive any prompts, scroll down to the website footer and tap the download button from there instead.
As with the iOS app, the Android DraftKings Sportsbook betting app also requires you to have your location services turned on. Once you have done so and assuming DraftKings mobile betting is available in your state, you can download and install the app, sign up and start placing wagers.
DraftKings Sportsbook Review: Android App
The Android version of the DraftKings Sportsbook app isn’t as highly rated as the iOS one. It has only a 3-star rating based on 453 DraftKings Sportsbook App reviews, with some customers complaining of slight lagging.
However, once again, DraftKings has responded to all negative feedback, showing customers they are looking to improve the Android app.
Where To Download The DraftKings Sportsbook App
As mentioned, iOS users can download the DraftKings betting app from the App Store, whereas Android users will typically need to head to the DraftKings website.
Better yet, head to our promotional pages and download the app directly. This way, you can ensure you use a secure link and get the most out of any promotions and welcome offers DraftKings are currently running.
How Do I Create An Account At DraftKings Sportsbook?
Once you have safely downloaded the DraftKings Sportsbook app to your mobile, you can create an account by following these steps:
- Open up the DraftKings Sportsbook mobile app.
- Fill out the registration form with your name, date of birth, residential address, email, telephone number, and Social Security number.
- Set up a username, password, and answer the security questions.
Once you have created your account, you will also have to provide proof of ID for account verification. It is a legal requirement and ensures you are who you say you are, besides ensuring you are of legal gambling age.
How Do I Deposit And Cash Out At The DraftKings Sportsbook App?
The DraftKings Sportsbook app supports multiple payment methods that will give you flexibility when making deposits and withdrawals. For funding your DraftKings Sportsbook account, you have the choice of using credit and debit cards, e-wallets such as PayPal, or bank transfers.
In some states, you can also pay with cash at the partnered land-based casino property or PayNearMe points found at your nearest 7-Eleven or CVS stores. All deposits are free and credited to your account immediately.
There is an equally good selection for cashing out. These include e-wallets, checks, and ACH payments. Where allowed, collecting cash at the casino cage is another option.
Depending on the method used, withdrawals will take 2-8 business days. PayPal is typically the quickest and checks take the longest. It’s worth keeping in mind that if you wish to make an eWallet withdrawal, it needs to be the same method you used when funding your account. Also, your account must be fully verified before DraftKings will process a payout request.
DraftKings Sportsbook App Review: FAQs
Can I Deposit With Credit Cards On The DraftKings Sportsbook App?
Yes, you can deposit with credit cards on the DraftKings Sportsbook app.
The operator accepts all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Simply go to the DraftKings App secure cashier section, select the banking method you’d like to use, and follow the quick and easy steps. Most deposits are instant, so the money will be available in your DraftKings account as soon as the transaction is complete.
Can I Bet On College Sports On The DraftKings Sportsbook App?
Yes, you can bet on college sports on the DraftKings Sportsbook app if it is legal in your jurisdiction.
Each state has different laws about college betting. While some states do not allow betting on local college teams and competitions, others allow you to bet on all college sports with no restrictions. Check our state guides for a detailed review of the laws and available bets in your state.
Can I Bet Anonymously On The DraftKings Sportsbook App?
No, you cannot bet anonymously on DraftKings or any other legal sportsbook app.
As state regulators license the DraftKings Sportsbook app, the sports betting operator must verify each user’s age and details. Therefore, you need to provide personal information, your Social Security number, and proof of ID when creating an account. A full outline of this process was listed earlier in this DraftKings Sportsbook App review.
Is The DraftKings Sportsbook App Partnered With Any Major Sports Leagues?
Yes, DraftKings has multiple partnerships with major US leagues.
Deals include official betting sponsorships with the NFL and MLB, a partnership with the NHL. Also, various sponsorship deals with NBA teams, and an official league sponsorship deal with the MLS (US’s Major League of Soccer).
Does DraftKings Also Offer Fantasy Sports Games?
Yes, as DraftKings was one of the first DFS operators in the country, it also offers a selection of fantasy sports games on its sports betting platform.
However, if you are looking for the full DraftKings DFS selection, you will need to download a separate DraftKings app dedicated to DFS.