Whether you are an experienced or novice sports bettor, you can read this BetMGM Sportsbook App Review to find out everything you need to know about this fantastic sportsbook app.
What makes BetMGM so popular with players is the massive selection of betting choices, fantastic sports coverage, and an interface that gives an elegant and sophisticated feel but is user-friendly and easy to use. Beyond the great sportsbook app, BetMGM is gaining a lot of public attention by signing partnerships with major sports leagues and teams.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: US Expansion
BetMGM is the online and mobile gambling brand of resort destination giant MGM Resorts International. Founded in 1986, the company grew into one of the best-known gambling and entertainment brands in the US. MGM owns casinos and resorts across the US and China and currently employs over 75,000 people worldwide across all its properties.
When the Supreme Court ruled PASPA as unconstitutional in 2018, individual states got the green light to regulate their own sports betting. MGM wasted no time, and in the summer of 2018, it launched its first sports betting app in New Jersey, initially called PlayMGM. The sportsbook quickly gained popularity and expanded to eleven more states where sports betting is legal, with more states planning to launch soon.
Which States Is The BetMGM App Available In?
You may have stayed in one of the famous MGM properties. Either way, chances are you’ve heard of MGM’s casinos, hotels, and resorts.
From MGM Grand in Atlantic City to the Bellagio in Las Vegas, the MGM property list goes all over the US and beyond. They even have an MGM Resort in Macau.
The good news is that you don’t need to book a trip to enjoy the MGM experience. The BetMGM sportsbook app is available in many states, so all you need is your mobile device to enjoy one of the best sports betting experiences in the world.
- New Jersey: New Jersey was the first state in which BetMGM launched its mobile app in August 2018. It was one of the first sports betting apps to go live in the Garden State and was originally known as PlayMGM.
- Colorado: The BetMGM CO Sportsbook app launched in May 2020 through a partnership with Midnight Rose Casino in Cripple Creek.
- Michigan: The first legal, in-person bet placed in the Great Lake state was taken at MGM Grand Detroit in March 2020. The BetMGM sportsbook app was launched a few months later in January 2021.
- Indiana: BetMGM launched its sportsbook app in Indiana in February 2020. It operates under the Belterra Casino Resort & Spa license in Florence, Indiana.
- Iowa: Iowa launched legal sports betting in August 2019. BetMGM joined the Hawkeye State in January 2021 through a partnership with Diamond Jo Casino.
- Pennsylvania: BetMGM PA Sportsbook launched in December 2020 through a partnership with Hollywood Casino. In the same month, BetMGM became the official sports betting partner of the state’s NBA team, the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Tennessee: BetMGM launched its sportsbook app in Tennessee as soon as betting was legalized on November 1, 2020. Unlike other states where betting on sports is legal, Tennessee does not have any land-based casinos or retail sportsbooks within the state. Instead, sports betting apps like BetMGM are the go-to choice for TN players.
- Nevada: BetMGM Nevada is licensed by the Nevada Gaming Control Board, which requires in-person registration. To activate your sports betting account, you need to bring your mobile device and photo ID to one of MGM’s retail sportsbooks. Once verified, you can use your BetMGM sportsbook app to place bets from anywhere in the Silver State.
- Virginia: BetMGM VA sportsbook launched on November 1, 2020. Like Tennessee, Virginia doesn’t have any land-based sportsbooks. The only place for VA players to bet is through BetMGM or other sportsbook apps. Despite the similarities, Virginia’s mobile betting is outpacing Tennessee’s.
- West Virginia: The BetMGM West Virginia betting app launched in January 2020 through a partnership with Greenbrier Casino. Greenbrier also operates a retail sportsbook in the casino. However, it isn’t connected to MGM.
- Washington DC: BetMGM DC has a partnership with MLB’s Washington Nationals. It operates a retail sportsbook lounge and betting areas in Nationals Park, the team’s home stadium. Bets can only be placed inside the stadium and within a 2-block radius of the grounds.
- Illinois: Illinois’ first sports betting apps went live in the summer of 2020. Although BetMGM has not yet launched its app in Illinois, many say that the Prairie State is next on its list. Bookmark this page and visit it regularly to stay up to date on the launch in Illinois and all other BetMGM news.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
Some players like the BetMGM sportsbook app for its polished design while others like it for its extensive sports coverage. However, all BetMGM bettors love the M-Life Rewards program that allows MGM customers to collect points while betting on their phones. They can redeem them at MGM properties for food, drinks, and even room upgrades.
Our betting experts found some other unique features at BetMGM that make this legal sportsbook app stand out from its competitors:
The easy parlay system helps you find unique betting choices. You can check multiple sports markets and compare the events of the day to see what parlay choices you have. The BetMGM app also lets you choose and combine spread, moneyline, and total wagers in parlays.
The easy parlay setup also helps you place bets from multiple markets on the same bet slip. You can add MLB, NBA, and NHL picks on the same parlay ticket. The system lets you search through the most popular sporting events to help you pick the best parlays for all your favorite sports.
The BetMGM app allows you to watch live streams of different sports events from around the world. You can find these streams by going to the live section and then checking the live streaming tab. It’s a great place to enjoy high-quality streams of any sport.
Easily accessible stream keys can be found near sports that are being broadcasted. It lets you place your bets and watch how the game unfolds in real-time.
The sports you’ll find on the live streaming section will vary throughout the year. Some of the unique sports on the BetMGM sportsbook app will surprise you.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: Parlay Insurance
The BetMGM mobile betting app also offers parlay insurance on high-value parlays. You will need to place a parlay bet with at least five entries to qualify for the BetMGM parlay insurance. You’ll receive a refund of up to $25 if one of your parlay sections loses.
Insurance works for many sports leagues, including the NBA and NFL. Another great feature is the user dashboard, which highlights the successful segments of your parlay, helping you see if you qualify for the parlay insurance if you lose anything.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: Sports Betting Markets
One reason the mobile site rates so well in this BetMGM Sportsbook App review is because of the impressive sports coverage. BetMGM has the largest selection of sporting events out of all the legal betting apps we’ve tested in the US.
Here’s a look at some sports you can bet on using the BetMGM app:
- NFL and NCAA football
- NBA, WNBA, and NCAA basketball
- NHL and other international hockey leagues
- International hockey, including the KHL and SHL
- English Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, and La Liga
- International soccer competitions: World Cup, Euro, UEFA, and CONCACAF
- Golf including PGA, PGA Champions, PGA European, and LPGA
- NASCAR stock car racing, including the NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series
- Formula One racing
- MMA, including multiple UFC events
- Tennis including ATP, WTA, and all major competitions
- Table tennis
- Rugby league and rugby union
- Cricket, including the Ashes Series and other major international events
The specific choices for wagering on the BetMGM mobile app will vary by state. Some states have restrictions for placing bets on college events. These include limits on whether you can wager on in-state college competitions or teams.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: Betting Types
This BetMGM Sportsbook App review will now walk you through the common betting types allowed on this sports betting platform. Here’s a closer look and a brief explanation of what’s currently available:
- Moneyline: This is the most common and straightforward bet. You simply pick a team and bet on it to win. There are three ways this bet can go for your team: win, lose and tie. The odds given will reflect the teams’ chances.
- Total: When placing a total bet, you will need to decide if the total score (of both teams) will be above or below a certain threshold. Over/under bets are also known as totals.
- Spread: When betting on spreads, you will wager on the winning margin of a favorite team and how much the underdog will win or lose above or below the spread.
- Future: As its name suggests, this bet lets you wager on future events, such as a team to win the Super Bowl or Stanley Cup or a specific player to win an MVP award.
- Parlay: A parlay is a wager made up of several bet segments. For a parlay to pay out, all its segments must win.
- Round Robin: A round robin combines different bets across different games, grouped into different betting sections. Think of it as a combination of parlays. The BetMGM sportsbook app lets you easily pick which parlays you want to choose for your round robin bet.
- Monthly Specials: You can place a bet on monthly specials like who will lead a league in specific categories over a month.
- Live Betting: Also called in-play betting, live betting lets you place bets during the game and see the action unfold. In some states, the BetMGM betting app offers an early cashout feature that allows you to settle your bets before the game finishes.
Downloading The BetMGM Sportsbook App To Your Mobile Device
BetMGM Sportsbook is designed with HTML5 technology, making it responsive and optimized for desktop and mobile devices. You can access the BetMGM betting website through your mobile browser, and it will work perfectly.
If you are looking for a more immersive and smooth mobile experience, downloading the BetMGM sportsbook app is the way to go. It offers:
- better connectivity
- optimized mobile usability
- in-app notifications on bonuses, games, and results.
There’s also no need to open your browser and go to the site every time, as you are always one tap away from the BetMGM app.
The BetMGM sportsbook app is available on both iOS and Android devices. If you are in a state where BetMGM Sportsbook is licensed, downloading and installing it on your mobile device is easy, safe, and 100% legal.
Follow the quick steps below, and you can place your bets in minutes.
How To Download The BetMGM Mobile App To Your iOS Device
If you have an iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below to download and install the BetMGM app on your iOS device:
- Although it’s likely that your device is compatible, note that the BetMGM app requires iOS 11.0 or later to run. If you have an earlier version, you can update it from your device settings.
- Go to the Apple App Store and search for the BetMGM Sportsbook.
- Tap the BetMGM Sportsbook option to download and install the app.
As sports betting isn’t regulated in all states, the BetMGM Sportsbook will only work if you are physically located in a state where it’s legal. Once you’ve installed the app, you will need to allow the BetMGM app’s geolocation technology to find your device’s location to allow you access to the sportsbook.
In most cases, you will just need to confirm it through a screen prompt that appears when you open the app for the first time. You can also go to your device settings and do it from there.
What Customers Say About The BetMGM iOS App
BetMGM Sportsbook is very popular with iOS users, currently ranked 4.8 out of 5 stars, with more than 32,000 users rating the app. Bettors like how they can customize the BetMGM app’s notifications to receive alerts on topics they are interested in, such as specific sports or promotions. Many users also raved about the simple approach the BetMGM app takes for placing bets because the app allows you to search for different wagering choices based on odds.
While most reviews were positive, some BetMGM app users are frustrated with the account verification, saying it’s unclear and takes longer than with other sportsbook apps. There have also been some reports on the app being a bit slow to respond when placing bets. However, even users that raised this issue stated that it might be their mobile connection or the cell reception in the area.
How To Download The BetMGM Sportsbook App On Android Devices
Here’s how to download the BetMGM mobile app on your Android devices:
- Using your Android smartphone or tablet, go to the Google Play Store.
- Search for the BetMGM Sportsbook app.
- Tap to download and install the app on your device.
Like with the iOS version, you will also need to allow the BetMGM Android app to use your device’s location. You can click on the on-screen prompt or go to your device settings to give the app these permissions.
What Customers Say About The BetMGM Mobile Android App
The BetMGM app has already been downloaded by more than 50,000 Android users and has a rating of 3.7 out of 5. The majority of reviewers that gave 5 stars were pleased with the sports coverage, user-friendly interface, and customizable game alerts. Bettors wrote that betting markets are easily accessible through the app, and the latest odds can be found with only a few taps.
However, there were also complaints about bugs, a complex verification process, and lagging connectivity when placing bets.
Where To Download The BetMGM Sportsbook App
You can download the BetMGM app from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Alternatively, you can visit the BetMGM Sportsbook website on your mobile device and download it from there.
However, your best option is to visit our offers pages, where you will find the BetMGM Sportsbook review that includes features, bonuses, sports covered, and more. You will also find the download links for BetMGM Sportsbook and other apps available in your state there, so you can compare and download the best sportsbook app for you. You don’t have to go to a separate online link to download the app.
How Do I Create My Account On The BetMGM Sportsbook App?
As BetMGM is a legal and regulated sportsbook, it is safe and easy to set up your account on the BetMGM app. To create your BetMGM account, follow the steps below:
- Once you’ve installed the BetMGM app and confirmed your location, open the BetMGM Sportsbook app on your device.
- Tap the register button to begin the sign-up process.
- Enter your details (such as name, date of birth, home address, email, and social security number).
- Provide a unique username and password for your BetMGM account. You will also need to answer some security questions.
Part of the regulation also means you will need to provide some information about yourself before starting. All the information is protected by the latest data protection policies and encryption methods, and it will never be shared with third parties without your consent.
You will also need to send copies of documents to confirm that you are the individual who is registering for the account. Then provide your driver’s license or state ID, a passport photo, a military ID, or a document like a bank statement or utility bill that has your address on it. Use your mobile device to scan your document and send it through the BetMGM app.
It will take between 24 and 48 hours for BetMGM to review and verify your data, and you’ll receive an update from BetMGM once your account is ready.
How Do I Deposit And Cash Out From The BetMGM Mobile App?
The BetMGM sports betting app lets you use your mobile device to deposit and withdraw quickly and safely. You can fund your BetMGM player account and make withdrawals with a few payment methods, including:
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
- PayNearMe (a prepaid card available to buy at 7-Eleven stores)
- ACH online check
- Bank/wire transfer
- BetMGM Play+ card
- Casino cage at MGM and partner properties
- Check by mail
Processing times will depend on the payment method used. While e-wallets like Paypal and Skrill support instant deposits, other methods may take up to five business days to process. Withdrawals can take up to two weeks, with a check by mail obviously being the longest. With other withdrawal processes, you will receive your money within a few business days.
To fund your account, tap on the deposit button in the BetMGM Sportsbook app. You can also go to the banking section in your BetMGM account menu to check what payment solutions are available, initiate withdrawals, and check your account balance and the status of your transactions.
BetMGM Sportsbook App Review: FAQS
Can I bet on esports on the BetMGM betting app?
No. Although MGM openly endorses esports betting, the BetMGM Sportsbook app currently doesn’t offer esports betting. Because many esports events include minors, the legal status of esports betting isn’t clear. While some state regulators are looking into legalizing esports, others ban it outright due to minor participation, match-fixing, and other concerns.
Can I bet on college sports on the BetMGM app?
Yes, you can. The BetMGM Sportsbook app allows you to bet on college sports in states where it is allowed. However, the choices for wagering vary by state. While some states, like New Jersey, currently don’t allow placing bets on in-state college teams, others limit betting to out-of-state events. College betting is allowed in Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan, but you cannot place prop bets on college events in those states.
Is the BetMGM Sportsbook app partnered with any major sports leagues?
Yes, it does. BetMGM Sportsbook has many high-profile partnerships with MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL teams and leagues. Many of the partnerships BetMGM gives its bettors access to official data and events. BetMGM Sportsbook also offers a combination of a mobile and retail sports betting experience in venues such as Nationals Park, the home stadium of the Washington Nationals baseball team.
Can I also play online casino games at BetMGM?
Yes. BetMGM also offers online and mobile casino games. You can also play casino games on the BetMGM app in states where it’s legal. BetMGM also has a dedicated online casino app, including various slots and casino table games such as blackjack, baccarat, and roulette. The BetMGM app also offers live dealer casino games that allow you to join a game with other players and have it streamed to your device in real-time.
Does BetMGM also offer fantasy sports games?
No. BetMGM does not offer fantasy sports games. Unlike other sportsbook operators like FanDuel and DraftKings that originated as DFS providers. BetMGM focuses on traditional sports markets and betting options.