In this Barstool Sportsbook App Review, our team of betting experts went through all the important aspects and features of this online sportsbook. This includes sports coverage, odds, bet types, usability, bonuses, and promotions. You can also visit our offers pages to compare Barstool Sports to other sportsbook apps in your state.
With the help of its parent company, Penn National Gaming, the Barstool Sportsbook app first launched in Pennsylvania in September 2020. It marked the first step in the company’s ambitious plans to expand across most legal sports betting states.
After launching a legal sportsbook app and retail sportsbook locations in a few states, Barstool Sports already started delivering on its promise. The company is also working on launching in more states where betting is legal and those in the process of legalizing sports betting.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review: Available States
As legal sports betting is spreading fast across the USA, bookmakers are looking to get licensed in as many states as possible. The Barstool Sportsbook mobile app has made good progress by getting approved in multiple states right away.
The Barstool Sportsbook app is currently available in the following states:
- Pennsylvania: Barstool Sports debuted its sports betting app in the Keystone State in 2020. Pennsylvania was the obvious choice for Penn National Gaming to get started, with the license being under the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Michigan: Barstool Sports operates in MI through a partnership with Greektown Casino in Detroit, one of the state’s three commercial casinos. Barstool started by opening a retail sportsbook in the casino venue. In January 2021, it also launched the Barstool MI Sportsbook app licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- Illinois: The Barstool Sportsbook app has a partnership with Hollywood Casino Aurora and Hollywood Casino Joliet. Barstool joined Illinois in March 2021.
- Indiana: Barstool opened its first retail betting locations in the Ameristar East Chicago and Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg. By May 2021, the Barstool app was also made available to bettors in the Hosier State.
- Virginia: In March 2021, the Virginia Lottery Board issued a gaming license to Barstool Sports. The app finally launched in August 2021.
- Colorado: Currently, Barstool mobile betting is not available in Colorado. Only a retail betting location is available at the Ameristar Casino Resort in Black Hawk. That said, the Barstool app is likely to become available soon.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review: Unique Features
The Barstool exclusives tab on its sportsbook app offers a chance to take advantage of boosted odds on a series of popular sports betting events and markets. Each week the Barstool Sports personalities offer their picks and bets for the week, and you get to bet with or against them.
If you are a fan of Barstool Sports, betting this way will add extra fun to your regular betting routine and give you more reasons to place your bets. The Barstool app makes things extra juicy when placing these bets by adding some additional value to the odds offered.
If you don’t consider yourself a pro at sports betting and want a quick fix, the Quick Pick-Six option is an excellent choice for you. This feature randomly selects six bets from a selected sport or league. All you need to do is decide how much you want to bet on the parlay.
This kind of betting may not be the most profitable. However, there are plenty of bettors who prefer not to be too invested and instead let the luck decide for them. The good thing about Quick Pick-Six is that it always picks reasonable bets with good betting odds that are not impossible to hit.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review: Lucrative Promotions
The difference between the Barstool betting app and many other online sportsbooks is that it was created by real sports fans. The Barstool community already has millions of members who absolutely love sports. The sportsbook was organized to meet the needs of these avid sports fans specifically.
Barstool Sports launched a range of exciting promotions that help bettors across different sports. If you bet on the Barstool Sportsbook app, you can be sure that an eye-catching promotion will come along and give you a good reason to bet.
What Sports Betting Markets Are Available On Barstool Sportsbook?
One reason the sportsbook rates so well in this Barstool Sportsbook App review is because of the impressive sports coverage. Barstool offers betting options for most US and international sports.
Looking over the betting markets available on the Barstool mobile app, you could see that it is a very serious and well-rounded betting operation. The Barstool mobile betting markets’ main focus is on American sports. This is to be expected, with the likes of NBA, NHL, NFL, and other major US sports leagues always offered many betting options on each game.
Bettors who choose to use the Barstool app as their designated betting app will not be disappointed with the offer of international sports events either. All major tennis tournaments, soccer leagues, competitions, and other international events, such as the Olympics and World Cups in various sports, are offered on the Barstool Sports legal app.
A great selection of betting options is available for fighting sports fans, with boxing and UFC matches covered with moneyline and props bets. More sports, such as NCAA competitions across America, are also found on the betting lists of the Barstool betting app, creating a very well-rounded and complete offer of betting markets.
What Bet Types Are Available On Barstool?
This Barstool Sportsbook App Review will now walk you through the common betting types allowed on this sports betting platform. Here’s a closer look and a brief explanation of what’s currently available:
- Moneyline: The moneyline bet may be the simplest of them all! The outcome of your bet is decided based on which team wins the game. You get to pick either of the sides with odds determined based on the team’s predicted chances of winning (favorite, underdog, or evens).
- Points Spread: The point spread gives you a chance for better odds and a better payout than a moneyline bet. It offers you a chance to bet that your team will win within a certain point margin.
- Futures: Patient bettors can get value out of the Barstool Sportsbook bets by attempting to predict future events. For example, you can bet on the winner of the NCAA Tournament in December. You can also back a specific team to make the Super Bowl before the season even starts. This usually results in great odds when you bet early. Futures can also include a player to win the league MVP award or an NBA team to win the Playoffs.
- Parlays: If you want to spread your stakes across multiple games, the Barstool Sportsbook app lets you make a parlay bet that includes more than a single pick. By combining multiple picks on a single parlay, you dramatically increase payout if all your parlay segments win. However, if one of your bets doesn’t come through, your parlay won’t cash.
- Totals: You don’t have to play favorites to bet on sports. On the Barstool Sportsbook app, the totals market lets you bet on the total number of points scored in a game. Bet over or under a specific score and cheer for both sides.
- Live Bets: Of all the betting options you can choose from, live betting provides the most immersive betting experience. By betting on a game already underway, you get to capitalize on your own insights and events on the field as the game unfolds. The Barstool Sportsbook app also offers early cashout, so you can cut your losses if the game isn’t going your way.
Downloading The Barstool App On Your Mobile Device
The Barstool Sportsbook app is built with HTML5 technology, making it responsive and optimized for mobile browsers. So you can access the Barstool betting apps from your iOS or Android device.
If you are looking for a more immersive and wholesome mobile experience, we recommend downloading the Barstool Sportsbook app and installing it on your device. The Barstool native app provides better connectivity, enhanced mobile usability, and you can set up alerts to keep up to date with games, results, and odds.
Follow the easy steps below, and you can be placing bets from your mobile device in minutes.
How To Download The Barstool App On iOS Devices
If you are looking to download the Barstool betting app to your iPhone or iPad, you will have a few options. You can log into the Apple App Store, search for the Barstool Sports app, and download it to your device. You can also go to the Barstool Sportsbook site from your mobile device and get the iOS download link from there.
The best option is to visit our offers page. Here, you will find secure download links and all the necessary information to compare sports betting apps in your state.
Note that you will need to allow your device to download an app from unknown sources if you choose to download the app from outside the App Store.
Downloading The Barstool iOS App
- Visit the Apple App Store or your site of choice (our offers pages or the Barstool Sports betting site).
- Download the app and install it on your iPhone or iPad.
- Allow the app to use the device’s geolocation to play.
What Customers Say About The Barstool iOS App
The iOS app has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, with nearly 6,000 unique user reviews left in the app store. A handful of users in the App Store have had complaints about slow withdrawal times and lagging customer service, but most others say the operator offers a premium service.
How To Download The Barstool App On Android Devices
The Barstool Sportsbook app is also available in the Google Play Store for Android users. Simply search for it in the Google Play Store and tap to download and install it to your device. You can also visit the Barstool Sportsbook app from your Android device and download the link from there. Or, for all the essential information and secure download links, visit our offers page and download it from there.
You will need to allow your phone to download from unknown sources for the last two options to work.
How To Download The Barstool Android App
- Open the Google Play Store and search for the Barstool betting app.
- Download and install the app on your Android device.
- Allow the app to use your geolocation to start betting.
What Customers Say About The Barstool Android App
Unlike many other gambling apps that are not available in the Google Play store, the Barstool mobile app is easily downloadable right from the store. The app currently has 3.4 out of 5 stars, with about 200 reviews being written.
Some users have complained about the app freezing, suggesting that the Android version has lower quality than iOS. That said, the Barstool support agents have diligently answered each negative comment and have gone out of their way to resolve these issues. It is certainly a point in the operator’s favor.
Where To Download The Barstool App
Both Android and iOS users can easily download the app on their devices. However, there are a couple of different routes to get the app installed and running. Note that although you can download the app from most locations, it will only work from states where sports betting is legal.
While some gambling apps are banned from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, the Barstool betting app appears on both. Players can download the apps from the app stores and install them on their devices within seconds. You will need to allow the app to use your geolocation if you want to make real money bets. This is because they are only available to residents of the states in which betting is legal, and the Barstool Sportsbook app is licensed.
How Do I Create An Account On The Barstool App?
Before you can place a real money bet on the Barstool legal betting app, you will need to sign up for and verify your account. The procedure is pretty straightforward, but it will take a few minutes of your time. Once you have installed the app on your device, tap on the sign-up button and follow the registration process.
You will need to provide some personal information such as your name, email, address, and date of birth. Additionally, part of your social security number will be required to confirm your identity. To use the Barstool mobile app, you will need to confirm your identity by sending copies of some documents and fulfilling the KYC procedure. This is a legal requirement of the sign-up process in all US states where gambling is legal.
Follow the steps below to sign up for the Barstool Sportsbook app:
- Install the Barstool mobile app on your mobile device.
- Tap the sign-up button.
- Fill in the registration form and provide the required information.
- Confirm the email address you used for registration.
- Confirm your identity and complete the account verification process.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review: How To Despoit & Withdraw
To make real money bets on the Barstool betting app, you will need to deposit money into your account first. Likewise, you will want to have an easy way of cashing out any potential winnings. For this, Barstool sportsbook offers the following payment methods:
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover
- Wire Transfer
- Play+ Card
These payment methods can be used for deposits and withdrawals when possible. A deposit made via any of these, barring wire transfer, will immediately be available for Barstool mobile betting in your balance.
Cashouts may take several days to process. The actual time it will take for the sportsbook to process the payment will depend on your selected payment method. Therefore, if you are in a rush, we recommend using your PayPal account for the quickest turnaround on deposits and cashouts.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review: FAQs
Can I bet on college sports on the Barstool mobile app?
Yes, betting on college sports leagues is available on the Barstool Sportsbook app. But the laws regulating college betting are different in each state. For example, while states like Iowa have a large market for wagering on college sports, New Jersey laws do now allow betting on college teams from the state.
How long does it take to cash out from the Barstool betting app?
It depends on the payment method you choose and the withdrawal amount. While e-wallet withdrawals can take a few hours, an e-check may take a few days to be processed and paid. Large withdrawals may take longer to process.
Does the Barstool betting app offer credit betting?
No, there are no credit betting options at the Barstool Sportsbook app. You will need to make a deposit using one of the many available deposit methods in order to make real money bets on the app. Credit betting is generally not available with online sportsbooks in the US.
Can I bet anonymously on the Barstool app?
No, state laws that regulate sports betting in the USA clearly state that all players must confirm their identity before they can make real money bets. This is why you will need to verify your account by providing a copy of your photo ID, proof of address, and Social Security number. A full outline of this process was listed earlier in this Barstool Sportsbook App review.
Can I also play poker on the Barstool betting app?
No, the Barstool app does not offer online poker at this time. Sports betting, live sports betting, and casino games are all offered, but poker games are not featured yet on the Barstool Sportsbook app. Currently, poker is available in Michigan, where Barstool Sports offers an app, so it may consider offering poker in some capacity as well.