State of Play in Maryland
Sports Betting in Maryland
Maryland legalized sports betting in November 2020. Both online and retail sportsbooks are authorized to operate in the state.
Only land-based sportsbooks currently offer legal wagering in Maryland. State gaming regulators hope for a launch of Maryland sports betting apps before the end of 2022.
Sportsbooks in Maryland
|Underdog Fantasy||Read Review||$100||Play Now|
|Fliff||Read Review||$0||Play Now|
- Can I wager on college sports in Maryland? Yes, retail sports betting is already legal, and live in Maryland, and betting on college sporting events is available. This includes placing wagers on in-state college teams, including the University of Maryland Terrapins.
- What is the tax rate for online sports betting in Maryland? The sports betting tax rate in Maryland is set at 15%, including both in-person and online sportsbooks. This 15% tax rate is right around the national average, but several states have a higher rate imposed for online sportsbooks.
- Will DraftKings offer sports betting apps in Maryland? Yes, DraftKings Sportsbook has already formed a partnership with the Baltimore Ravens, allowing them to offer online sports betting in Maryland. This partnership will also allow DraftKings to set up a retail sportsbook at M&T Bank Stadium.
- Is BetMGM a legal sports betting app in Maryland? The MGM National Harbor is one of the biggest retail casinos in Maryland, and that property will have the right to an online sports betting license. Because of that, BetMGM will be able to launch its online sportsbook, and it is expected to be one of the leaders in the state.
- Will I be able to bet anonymously at Maryland online sportsbooks? No, the official online sports betting rules in Maryland will include a law that a sports betting account is required before placing any wagers. Unfortunately, this also means that you must create a separate account at each online sportsbook before accepting any wagers.
Maryland Sports Betting Apps
Maryland sports betting apps could go live before the end of 2022. The state legalized sports betting in November 2020, but online sportsbooks have yet to launch.
Expected Maryland Sports Betting Apps
The Barstool Sportsbook betting app will be available in Maryland as this company has already partnered with Hollywood Casino Perryville. Barstool is a mobile sportsbook that targets a younger generation of sports bettors as the Barstool personalities help run the mobile app.
The BetMGM app will be available in Maryland through the MGM National Harbor Casino. BetMGM has always been a huge name in the Nevada sports betting scene, but it has grown significantly throughout the United States. BetMGM is known for having a huge welcome bonus and great daily and weekly promotions.
The BetRivers mobile app has partnered with Bingo World, and that will create a path to online sports betting. BetRivers is a product of Rush Street Gaming, and that company has been aggressive as the United States has legalized online sports betting. BetRivers has a solid welcome bonus and features a long list of daily odds boosts.
Caesars Sportsbook mobile betting has taken off over the last few years after this company purchased William Hill Sportsbook. Caesars already has a deal in place with the Horseshoe Casino, allowing it to apply for an online sports betting license. This company aims to have the biggest welcome bonus in the industry, and it features plenty of international betting options.
DraftKings is a company founded in nearby Boston, Massachusetts, and that should make it a leader in Maryland. DraftKings has also partnered with the Baltimore Ravens in Maryland, allowing it to offer retail betting at M&T Bank Stadium. This sportsbook has a massive welcome bonus and features terrific promotions for customers.
FanDuel will offer online sports betting in Maryland after partnering with Live! Casino and Hotel. It only makes sense that FanDuel would enter Maryland as this is one of the top sportsbooks in the United States. FanDuel is known for having competitive betting odds and lines and a terrific mobile app.
PointsBet Sportsbook is not from the United States as it is a company founded in Australia. It does have a headquarters in the U.S., and it has also partnered with the Riverboat on the Potomac in Maryland. Points betting sets this operator apart from the rest of the pack as that form of betting is exclusive to PointsBet.
Using Maryland Sports Betting Apps
The mobile sportsbook app and the desktop site will be extremely similar, but you can take the mobile app with you anywhere. With the desktop site, you will be stuck in just one location, but you will still see the same features.
Online sports betting originated with online sites, and companies still work extremely hard to make the online sites great for sports bettors. An advantage of using mobile sports betting apps is that some sportsbooks have special promotions and bonuses for app users.
Will The App Store Have Maryland Sports Betting Apps?
When you are looking to download a Maryland sports betting app for an iOS device, the App Store is the first place to look. You will find all of the available Maryland options available, and one simple click can get that mobile app loaded on your device.
Are Maryland Sports Betting Apps Available At The Google Play store?
You will find some sports betting apps on the Google Play store, but the entire list will not be available. The Google Play store doesn’t load all of the apps, but you can still download these by visiting the online sportsbook and clicking on the link provided.
Maryland Online Sports Betting Bonuses
One of the biggest perks of signing up for an online sports betting account in Maryland is the welcome bonuses available from each site. Of course, every online sportsbook will have its welcome offer, but it’s always a good offer.
Most online sportsbooks in Maryland will only offer a bonus after an initial deposit is made, and this is known as a deposit bonus. The two most common deposit bonuses include a first deposit match and a risk-free bet.
A first deposit match means that the money you deposit into a sportsbook will be matched in some way. For example, DraftKings Sportsbook has a 20% first deposit match up to $1,000, while BetRivers offers a 100% first deposit match up to $250.
A risk-free bet acts as an insurance policy on the first bet you place at the online sportsbook, giving you peace of mind to bet big with your first wager. If your first bet loses at the online sportsbook, your account will be credited with sportsbook cash or a free bet.
FanDuel Sportsbook is a mobile app that offers a risk-free bet worth up to $1,000.
Other online sportsbooks in Maryland will offer a free bet bonus, and those funds will show up in your account when you sign up. Free bets are a type of bonus that is usually available to both new bettors and loyal bettors at a site.