Colorado is not only home to famous major league franchises like the Denver Broncos and the Denver Nuggets, it’s also the 19th US state to legalize sports betting. Sports fans in Colorado now have the chance to place bets safely and legally in person or on their mobile device.
In November 2019, Colorado voters passed Proposition DD by a slim margin of around 20,000 votes. This effectively legalized sports betting in the Centennial State.
A few months later, the first regulated sports betting apps went live in Colorado. This includes name-brand operators like DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, and BetRivers, who all opened their virtual doors on May 1, 2020. Currently, over two dozen operators offer retail and mobile betting in the state.
Colorado has 31 commercial casinos, all located within three small towns in the Rocky Mountains:
- Century City
Every commercial and tribal casino operator can apply for a sports betting license to operate both a retail and mobile sportsbook. This allows local casinos to form strategic partnerships with the best sports betting brands, technologies, and expertise.
Betting in Colorado doesn’t require you to be a resident of the state. As long as you are over the age of 21 and within CO borders, you can visit any retail sportsbook or use a sports betting app. Betting in Colorado is safe, fun, and 100% legal.
How To Bet On Sports In Colorado
Colorado Betting Websites
HTML5 technology makes this flexibility possible. It ultimately powers sports betting websites to optimize them for smartphones and mobile tablets. Mobile sportsbook versions offer mobile-friendly designs with condensed menus and visible keys for smaller screens. The user interface provides a seamless experience across desktop and mobile devices.
While most players turn to their smartphones for placing bets, some enjoy using a computer and mobile device interchangeably.
Whether you are betting at home or on your mobile device, you are never far away from your favorite Colorado sportsbook.
Colorado Mobile Betting Apps
Most Colorado sportsbooks offer a mobile app for an immersive online betting experience. Mobile betting apps usually provide better connectivity, superior design, and easier navigation. In addition, you can set the app to send notifications about upcoming events, promotions, statistics, and bet results.
In most cases, you can find links to download these apps on the sportsbook’s website. You can also search for them in the App Store and Google Play Store. Some newer apps may not be available on app stores, so the best way to find a Colorado sports betting app is to visit our offers page.
Colorado Sports Betting Operators
Colorado residents and visitors to the state can enjoy over two dozen sports betting apps regulated by the Colorado Gaming Division. Below are some of the most popular Colorado sportsbook apps:
BetMGM Sportsbook CO
- Overview: BetMGM is the mobile gambling brand of MGM Resorts International, operated in partnership with global gaming company Entain.
- Physical Location: BetMGM Colorado operates under the master license of Midnight Rose Casino.
- Features: The BetMGM user interface is one of the best we’ve seen and the sizeable live betting section is one of BetMGM’s main attractions. If you place bets and things aren’t going the way you expected, you can cash out early before the game ends and cut your losses.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your BetMGM welcome bonus!
FanDuel Sportsbook CO
- Overview: Many locals consider FanDuel as the best sportsbook app in Colorado. The company started as a DFS provider but is now a dominant force in the US sports betting market. The good thing about FanDuel’s platform is that you get the same easy-to-use betting experience on both the website and app, which is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Physical Location: FanDuel Colorado operates under the license of Golden Gulch Casino.
- Features: FanDuel offers a wide selection of great bonuses for both new and existing players in Colorado, including attractive odds boosts offered daily.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your FanDuel Sportsbook welcome bonus!
BetFred Sportsbook CO
- Overview: You can trace BetFred’s roots back to 1967. The seasoned UK bookmaker has since become an international success.
- Physical Location: BetFred came to the US in 2019, launching its Colorado sportsbook in September 2020 through a partnership with Saratoga Casino.
- Features: BetFred offers its betting services through an app that is fun and easy to use. They display everything in the best way possible, and there is a wide variety of quick menus to find different betting markets. Also, BetFred offers several convenient payment options to fund your account and make withdrawals.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your BetFred Sportsbook welcome bonus!
PointsBet Sportsbook CO
- Overview: Founded in Australia, PointsBet Sportsbook has made significant strides in the US market over the past few years. PointsBet is unique for two reasons: its exciting points/spread betting and its tendency to back up bettors in last-minute game upsets.
- Physical Location: PointsBet Sportsbook operates in Colorado under the Double Eagle Casino license.
- Features: PointsBet Colorado is known for their generosity to protect bettors against “bad beats”. The company’s ‘Karma Kommittee’ often holds meetings to talk about unexpected results of sports events. In most cases, the committee decides to refund bettors, especially in unpredictable moments.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your PointsBet welcome bonus!
DraftKings Sportsbook CO
- Overview: There are few sportsbooks, online or mobile, that provide the variety of customization options you will find on DraftKings. DFS players in Colorado who previously used DraftKings will remember its humble beginnings and now pledge loyalty to the DraftKings sports betting brand.
- Physical Location: Similar to FanDuel Sportsbook, who happens to be their rival, DraftKings Sportsbook CO operates under the license of Golden Gulch Casino.
- Features: DraftKings Colorado offers some of the most innovative features in the market. Its betting carousel is a spinning-wheel feature that appears on the DraftKings app and provides players with betting suggestions based on their wagering interests and history. In addition, they have some of the best odds of the industry.
- Bonus Offers: DraftKings Colorado offers substantial bonuses to players. If you are new to DraftKings, you will receive a $50 no-deposit bonus simply for signing up. You are also eligible for a 100% deposit bonus match up to $1,000. Be sure to check our offers page so you can claim a total welcome bonus of up to $1,050.
William Hill Sportsbook CO
- Overview: Founded as a British-based sportsbook, William Hill was recently bought by Caesars Entertainment. The pedigree of both well-known operators shines throughout the William Hill Sportsbook CO app.
- Physical Location: William Hill operates under the license of Isle Casino Hotel aka Lady Luck Casino.
- Features: William Hill’s CO app embodies decades of sportsbook’s betting technology expertise. For starters, it offers a superior user experience with simple navigation tools. Also, William Hill provides comprehensive sports coverage alongside it’s generous betting markets. It’s safe to say that William Hill strives to provide bettors in Colorado with a top-notch experience.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your William Hill welcome bonus!
SportsBetting.com Sportsbook CO
- Overview: With a name like SportsBetting.com, you may assume that this sportsbook has been in business for some time. In reality, it launched its first sportsbook app in September 2020.
- Physical Location: SportsBetting.com is licensed in partnership with Colorado’s Johnny Nolon’s Casino in Cripple Creek.
- Features: Sportsbetting.com has distinguished itself with its robust in-house technology and an aggressive goal of providing 10,000 events every month. Sportsbetting.com also makes its own odds. So, the odds you see on its betting app are exclusive, and in many cases, quite generous.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your SportsBetting.com welcome bonus!
WynnBET Sportsbook CO
- Overview: WynnBET Sportsbook Colorado is the operator’s third sports betting app in the US. WynnBET previously launched successful apps in Nevada and New Jersey.
- Physical Location: WynnBET Sportsbook CO operates in partnership with Bronco Billy’s Casino.
- Features: WynnBET’s Colorado Sportsbook app is robust, straightforward, and easy to use. Also, their risk-free bet offer comes with very few restrictions. This makes WynnBET one of the most attractive apps in Colorado’s sports betting scene.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your WynnBET welcome bonus!
Carousel Group Sportsbook CO
- Overview: The Carousel Group is based out of Malta. They plan on expanded to other sports betting states (Iowa, Indiana, New Jersey) in 2021.
- Physical Location: Carousel Group Sportsbook operates under the license of Johnny Nolon’s Casino in Cripple Creek, CO.
- Features: This sportsbook app boasts a wide selection of international soccer betting markets. In addition, they have numerous other niche sports that some betting operators don’t carry.
- Bonus Offers: Check out our offers page to make sure you maximize your Carousel Group Sportsbook welcome bonus!
More Colorado Sports Betting Apps:
- Circa Sports operating in partnership with Century Casinos.
- The Score operating in partnership with Gilpin Casino.
- Sky Ute operated by Sky Ute Casino and Resort.
- Bet Monarch operated by Monarch Casino Resort.
- Elite Sportsbook operated in partnership with Red Dolly Casino.
- BetWildWood Sportsbook operated by Wildwood Casino.
Betting On Colorado’s Sports Teams
With over 5.8 million people, Colorado has plenty of sports fans rooting for some of the most successful major league teams.
But beyond bets on the state’s great representatives in the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL, Colorado sports betting apps allow you to bet on college sports, ranging from athletics and rowing to more mainstream NCAA sports like football and basketball. If you are looking for different sports to bet on, Colorado sportsbooks also offer bets on tennis, golf, US and world soccer, motorsports, darts, rugby, and even the Olympics.
Whether you are an experienced bettor or just exploring Colorado’s sports betting apps, you will surely look to back a few of the state’s home teams.
Colorado NFL Betting
Colorado is home to one of the greatest NFL teams, the Denver Broncos. The Broncos play in the AFC West division, winning three Super Bowls, eight AFC Championships, and fifteen Division Championships. They play their home games in Denver, CO at Empower Field at Mile High.
We know bettors love the excitement of NFL games. As a result, plenty of wagering opportunities emerge. For example, you can make a prop bet on a player and/or individual team. You can also bet live on game touchdowns or interceptions. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Of course, you can also place traditional wagers like moneyline, spread, and totals.
Colorado NBA Betting
Professional basketball has a massive following in the Centennial state, as the Denver Nuggets provide Colorado basketball fans with tons of excitement. They were founded as the Denver Rockets in 1967, changing their name to the Denver Nuggets in 1974. Currently, the Nuggets are part of the Northwest Division of the NBA’s Western Conference.
Because of its fast pace, basketball provides exciting betting opportunities. You can place bets on regular-season, playoff, and even preseason games. NBA matchups present several live betting opportunities as well. Going even further, you can place bets on NBA futures like Conference Champions, League MVP, and Rookie of the Year.
Colorado MLB Betting
The Colorado Rockies are one of the most consistent teams in Major League Baseball since their induction to the league in 1993. The Rockies even clinched a ticket to the World Series in 2007, but sadly lost to the Boston Red Sox. They play their home baseball games at Coors Field in Denver’s Lower Downtown area.
Whether through bookies or on friendly terms in the office, betting has always been a part of baseball tradition. Bettors can legally place their wagers on all MLB games with popular bets, including future bets on pennant winners, moneyline, run line, and totals.
Colorado NHL Betting
Hockey fans also have an NHL team to support, the Colorado Avalanche, commonly known by locals as the ‘Avs.’ Founded in 1972 as the Quebec Nordiques, the Avs moved to Colorado in 1995 and made Denver their home. The Avs share their home ground, the Ball Arena, with NBA’s Denver Nuggets. Since moving to Denver, they have won two Stanley Cups.
Colorado sportsbook apps offer NHL wagers on teams to qualify for the Division Championships, Stanley Cup, and President’s Trophy. You can also find spreads, bets on players-to-score during the match, first-player-to-score, and penalties.
Colorado College Betting
Both NCAA basketball and football have representation in Colorado, mainly through the University of Colorado Buffaloes. While Colorado allows betting on college sports, prop bets are forbidden when it comes to NCAA contests. However, you can still bet the spread, moneyline, and totals of these college games.
More Favorite Sports Betting In Colorado
In a surprise turn of events, one of the popular sports to bet on in Colorado is none other than table tennis. Back in January 2021, the state reported $11.8 million worth of wagers on ping pong. That was more than CO sportsbooks generated on college football bowl games. It was also more than wagers placed on the NHL. Table tennis kept going strong through March with $8.8 million. Similarly, it came through with $8.96 million in April. That’s more than double the amount bet on MMA through the same timeframe!
Table tennis soared to popularity during the COVID shutdown in 2020, and while many expected the craze to die down, it hasn’t. The main pull for many bettors seems to be the volatility and speed of the games. In fact, many people compare it to playing slots. Matches start every 15 minutes, and there’s usually a healthy slate every day.
Russia hosts the majority of these table tennis matches, so there’s a time difference and language barrier. Bettors are convinced the matches aren’t fixed despite internet rumblings. Some sportsbooks are worried about the rising popularity of table tennis on their platforms. However, there’s certainly a demand for it, especially in Colorado.
Bets Not Allowed In Colorado
There are a few types of wagers that are not allowed in Colorado. Like many other states where sports betting is legal, Colorado regulators prohibit betting on high school sports.
The state also doesn’t allow betting on video game competitions unless an official sport governing body supervises it. There are still debates surrounding these events, so many eSports’ fans are watching closely to see how things evolve.
Colorado Sports Betting Bonuses
With so many of the country’s leading sportsbook operators live in the state, competition in Colorado is intense. This is splendid news for bettors, as sports betting apps offer generous bonuses to entice new customers and keep existing ones. Here are a few of the popular bonuses offered on Colorado’s sports betting apps:
- No-Deposit Bonus: As the name suggests, this bonus allows people to test the sportsbook without depositing their own money. A no-deposit bonus can come as free money added to the sportsbook account balance or free bets on specific events.
- Deposit Bonus: A deposit bonus will require a customer to deposit their own money first, and then the sportsbook will match the amount deposited with bonus dollars. Usually, it is a 100% match, which means players can double their betting money up to a certain amount.
- Risk-Free Bet: In this case, the sportsbook will cover losing bets up to a certain amount. Usually, this offer will include specific types of bets on certain events.
- Odds Boost: An offer in which the sportsbook increases the odds on specific sporting events or markets to make the wager more attractive to bettors.
- Cashback: A cashback is a promotion that awards players’ cash against their spending on the sports betting app. In most cases, players will collect points for every $1 they spend. They can eventually redeem these points for cash.
- Loyalty Rewards: Most sportsbooks run a loyalty program to reward their returning players. Loyalty points are awarded for bets, which count towards a VIP system that entitles them to benefits such as exclusive bonuses, personalized gifts, and private customer support.
Colorado Sports Betting Trust And Safety
The Colorado Division of Gaming, which sets the strict rules and regulatory framework, licenses sports betting operators in Colorado. For further accountability and safety, the Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission is in place to regulate policy. This is a five-member regulatory board set by the Colorado governor.
It includes a corporate manager, an attorney with experience in regulatory law, one registered voter, one law enforcement official, and a Certified Public Accountant with corporate finance knowledge. Because of this, it’s safe to say that all bases are covered when it comes to regulations that ensure trust and safety in Colorado.
Every legal sports betting site in Colorado must operate under the Master License of one of the state’s casinos. So when you access a sportsbook’s website or app, two regulated entities protect bettors: 1) the brick-and-mortar casino license holder in the state. 2) the sportsbook operating partner.
CO Sportsbook App Withdrawals
Colorado sportsbooks follow strict withdrawal protocols that allow you to cash out quickly and easily. To make a withdrawal, visit the sportsbook’s encrypted cashier section which you can access through either the website or mobile app.
Go to the withdrawal section, select the payment method you would like to use, and follow the quick and simple steps to complete the transaction. Processing times will depend on the payment method you select, ranging from instant withdrawals for e-wallets and up to a few business days for bank transfers.
Some payment methods will only allow making a withdrawal if it was used to make a deposit as well, and some also involve transaction fees. It is best to always check the terms and conditions for the withdrawal method you might use before making a deposit at a Colorado sportsbook.
Before cashing out for the first time, you need to verify your account by providing copies of documents such as a photo ID and proof of address (such as a utility bill). This is usually a fast and painless process. Making things even easier, most Colorado sports betting sites and apps have a dedicated section where customers can upload their documents to be verified the same day.
Colorado Betting FAQs
Can I bet on college sports in Colorado?
Yes, you can. Most types of bets such as moneyline, spreads, over/under, futures and parlays may be placed on college sports in Colorado. The only type of bet not allowed on college sports in Colorado is proposition betting.
What is the tax rate for online sports betting in Colorado?
All net wins from sports betting will be taxed at local rates or your respective state’s income tax rate. Colorado state income tax is set at a flat rate of 4.63%. You can claim your losses against wins, even if you incurred them on different gambling sites within the state. The tax rate for Colorado sports betting operators is 10% of proceeds from operations.
Can I bet on eSports in Colorado sportsbook apps?
Not at this time. As there is still debate in Colorado around whether eSports is considered an official sport, betting on this segment is currently not allowed. Currently, Colorado legislation does not allow betting on video games unless registered and supervised by an official sports governing body.
Who can get a license to run an online sportsbook in Colorado?
Consider the following: to get a license from the Colorado Division of Gaming and run a sportsbook, a company must own and operate one of the state’s 31 commercial land-based casinos. Other technology providers and operators can partner with the master license holder and become certified to run a sportsbook in Colorado.
Can I also bet in person in Colorado?
Yes, you can. Every commercial land-based casino in Colorado can apply for a license to operate a sportsbook venue. There are already several licensed sportsbooks that allow you to bet in person. They are all based in casinos in Cripple Creek, Black Hawk, and Century City.