Do you love football and basketball? Are you passionate about international soccer? How about boxing, tennis, golf, or motorsports? No matter what sport you are into, there’s never been a better time to be a sports fan in the US. Since sports betting is now legal in many states, you can download licensed sportsbook apps and place bets from your mobile phone or tablet. In this guide, our betting experts will help you choose a sportsbook app that suits all your wagering needs.
There’s no denying that there’s plenty of choices when it comes to sportsbook apps. This can make finding the best US sports betting app a tedious process. To help, our team of betting experts put together this complete guide that covers everything you need to know to choose the best US sportsbook app. You can also visit our offers pages and find different reviews and bonuses about sportsbook apps in your state.
When choosing a legal sportsbook app in the US, we work hard – so you don’t have to.
Is The Sportsbook App Legal In The US?
Many US states now offer legal mobile sports betting. As long as you are in a state where betting is legal and you’re old enough to gamble, you can place bets on your favorite teams. It’s fun, safe, and 100% legal. That’s great for bettors, but you must check that the app is legal and licensed in your state before you sign up for a sportsbook.
How To Find If A Sportsbook App Is Legal
The first step is to check if sports betting is legal in your state. Since the US Supreme Court ruled PASPA unconstitutional, many US states have legalized sports betting, but still, it is not legal everywhere. Some states are still drafting their legislation, while others simply prohibit gambling.
If you know your state has legalized sports betting and has already launched its sportsbook market, the next step is to check the betting operator itself. The app should display state license credentials, usually at the bottom of the home screen. If you can’t find evidence of a state license, you can check with your state’s gambling regulator. Usually, the government’s website will list all the sportsbook apps licensed to operate in the state.
Why Should You Only Use Legal Betting Apps?
Sometimes bettors come across what they think is the best sportsbook app for their needs but then find out that it isn’t legal. Maybe the sportsbook doesn’t have a license, or perhaps your state hasn’t legalized mobile sports betting.
It may be tempting to think you can bet with an illegal sportsbook, but it would be a mistake. There are many reasons you should always opt for legal sites when picking a US sportsbook app:
- Illegal apps have no obligation to protect your funds or privacy. When you wager on an illegal app, the app may put your money and personal information at risk.
- If something goes wrong while you are betting with illegal sports betting apps, there is no way to enforce your rights, as your state’s regulatory body will not intervene.
- If you win a wager on an illegal sportsbook app, you may not receive your winnings, as the app operator could simply choose not to pay you.
- Illegal sports betting apps are often set up by organized crime linked to money laundering and other illegal acts.
For all these reasons, when you’re picking a US sportsbook app or thinking about choosing a sportsbook app, you should always select a legal provider.
Does the Sportsbook App Offer The Sports I Like?
When you’re considering which legal sportsbook app to use, one important factor is whether the app offers the sport you want to wager on. Fortunately, the best sportsbook apps give you comprehensive coverage, offering everything from the major leagues to top tournaments worldwide.
Do Different Betting Apps Offer Different Sports?
The best sportsbook apps will offer a wide range of sports. For instance, you won’t find a US sportsbook app that doesn’t give you markets on the NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL. After all, sportsbook operators want you to wager with them, so it has an incentive to give you broad coverage.
For international or niche sports, you may find that some sportsbooks are better than others. For instance, if you’re picking a US sportsbook app to bet on soccer, some will offer only the MLS and the major global competitions. Others will provide markets about the top leagues in Europe and South America. It’s a good idea to check out all the sportsbooks in your state to find those that offer the sports you want to wager on.
How To Find Which Sports The App Offers?
To find out which legal sportsbook apps offer the sports you want, you will need to check out its range of markets. It is easy to do. Simply open up the sportsbook app you are interested in and navigate to its list of sports and markets.
Every sportsbook app layout is slightly different, but they all offer lists of sports, often alphabetically. You can also click on each sports category to determine whether the app provides markets in the particular competitions you find interesting.
How To Evaluate New Player Bonuses
One of the most crucial things to consider when choosing a sportsbook app is the quality of the app’s bonus offers. All the best sportsbook apps offer bonuses to new and regular players, but not all bonuses are as good as they sound.
Are All Sportsbook Bonuses Basically The Same?
The short answer is no. You can find an impressive variety of bonus types when you are picking a US sportsbook app. You’ll even find that the same bonus offered by two separate sportsbook apps can have entirely different criteria:
- Wagering requirements and other terms and conditions will be different for each bonus. Sometimes, two welcome bonuses with the same headline bonus figures will have completely different rules attached when you read the small print.
- Some bonuses are tied to specific markets and events, such as big NFL playoff games or the Stanley Cup, while others are more flexible and can be used across many markets.
- Some bonuses restrict the form of payment you can use before claiming the bonus. These are often used to encourage bettors to try particular deposit methods.
When you’re picking a US sportsbook app, it is essential to research the bonuses they offer to ensure that they are suitable for your needs.
What Kinds of Bonuses Are Available To New Bettors?
The best sportsbook apps in the US will offer you a wide choice of bonuses. New bonuses are being offered all the time, but there are specific bonus types you will see regularly:
- Welcome Bonuses: These are awarded to new players only after setting up a new account with the sportsbook app.
- Deposit Match: The most common form of a welcome bonus, the sportsbook will match your deposit with bonus money up to a maximum figure.
- No Deposit Bonus: A welcome bonus is given simply for signing up for a new sportsbook app account.
- Free Bet: In this case, the sportsbook operator will cover your losing bet up to a certain amount. So you can bet on specific markets without risking your own money.
- Loyalty Rewards: Many sportsbook operators reward customer loyalty by giving points for each bet made on their sportsbook app. You can redeem these points for other bonuses, gifts, benefits, and rewards.
What To Look For In A Sportsbook App?
Not all sportsbook apps are the same, and there is a variety of markets, design, bonus structure, banking service, and customer support options, to name just a few areas of importance.
So what are the most important factors to consider when choosing a sportsbook app?
Are All Sportsbook Apps Easy To Use?
All sportsbook app operators in the US strive to make their platforms as user-friendly and attractive as possible, but some are better than others. When you are considering which legal sportsbook app to use, usability and design are essential, specifically these areas:
- How attractive is the app? If you find it good to look at and easy to navigate, it is likely to offer a more enjoyable wagering experience.
- Are the menus easy and intuitive to operate? Sportsbook apps should offer a quick and easy process to find the markets you want.
- How user-friendly is the app bet slip? The best sportsbook apps will provide a comprehensive but straightforward bet slip to make your wagers.
Advanced Features That Make An Excellent Sportsbook App
The sports betting sector is highly competitive, which means new features and technology are coming into play constantly. When you’re picking a US sportsbook app, here are just a few of the advanced features you should look out for:
- High-quality live streaming – Being able to watch and wager on an event using your mobile device can add a new dimension to your betting experience.
- Responsive in-play betting – Live betting is extremely popular, but the best sportsbook apps will offer fast and responsive in-play betting with minimal delays.
- Security – Look for a sportsbook app that provides the strongest level of security through your mobile device, including encryption, account verification, privacy policies, and data protection policies.